Hot Weather Appetizers
These hot weather appetizers are perfect for a summer gathering. They are light, refreshing, and easy to make. Plus, they are sure to be a hit with your guests!
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of mini phyllo shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper, feta cheese, olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Place mini phyllo shells on a baking sheet and fill each shell with the cucumber mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the shells are golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 2g
Additional Tips and Variations:
For a vegan version, omit the feta cheese and replace the olive oil with vegan butter. You can also add other vegetables such as olives, corn, or jalapenos for a more flavorful appetizer.
These hot weather appetizers are the perfect addition to any summer gathering. They are light, refreshing, and easy to make. Plus, they are sure to be a hit with your guests! With just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of baking time, you can have a delicious appetizer that everyone will love.