Caramelized Apple Cake. This apple upside-down cake is the ideal fall dessert. Cooked in a cast iron skillet, it combines the very best flavors of the season, from the spice cake batter with Upside-Down Caramelized Apple Cake. Another dessert idea for the nearing Christmas season!
With the magic of light butter, apple cider and nonfat buttermilk, this moist cake—which is like an apple version of pineapple upside-down. This Caramelized Apple Cake Recipe is absolutely amazing! Living in rural Vermont, the one thing we have a lot of is apples. You can have Caramelized Apple Cake using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caramelized Apple Cake
- Prepare of Caramelized Apples.
- It’s 1 of Apple.
- It’s 40 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need of For the batter:.
- It’s 150 grams of Plain white flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 150 grams of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 120 grams of Granulated sugar.
- It’s 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 dash of Vanilla oil (extract).
It seems like you cannot walk more than half a mile in any direction and find. A caramelized apple recipe for the next time you need an easy to make delicious French dessert in a hurry. The apples are meant to be just ever so slightly sweet, not overpowering and sugary, so. How to prepare this delicious caramelized apple cake: Wash and peel the apples.
Caramelized Apple Cake instructions
- Bring the egg and butter to room temperature. Sift together the flour and baking powder. Set aside..
- Leaving the peels intact, cut the apples into fourths, remove the seeds, and cut each fourth into 6 thin slices (24 slices in total)..
- Put the sugar in a frying pan and cook while stirring on a medium-low until it becomes a rich brown..
- Add the apples, shake the pan and flip the apples to coat them completely. When the apples turn brown on both sides, turn off the heat and let cool..
- Using a spatula or chopsticks to mix the caramel is a little difficult, so I just shake and flip..
- Line your pan with parchment paper..
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and set the timer to 40 minutes..
- Whip the butter with a whisk until it turns white. Add the sugar in 4-5 portions and knead into the butter until fluffy..
- Beat the egg well, then mix it into the sugar and butter in 5~6 parts. Don't add it all in..
- Add the sifted dry ingredients all at once and mix well until fluffy and no longer powdery..
- Add a couple drops of vanilla and knead well..
- Arrange the caramelized apples into the pan from Step 6 into a single layer. Don't add any remaining juice or caramel..
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Drop from a few centimeters up 2~3 times to remove any air bubbles from the batter..
- Bake for about 35 minutes. If the surface is nicely browned and a toothpick or skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, it's ready..
- When it has cooled, flip the cake out of the pan and onto a plate. Wrap with plastic and let cool..
- It's good while still warm, but it tastes even better if you let it sit in the refrigerator overnight..
Remove the seeds and cut into slices; reserve. Combining a soft cinnamon-spiced cake with buttery caramelized apples, we're essentially getting two desserts in one. Sometimes a little refresh is all we need. This Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake Is This moist cake with a crunchy nut topping is sure to become a teatime favourite, from BBC Good Food While the apples cool, make the topping. In a food processor or using the tips of your fingers.