Vegetarian Dan Dan Noodles with Soy Meat.
You can cook Vegetarian Dan Dan Noodles with Soy Meat using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Dan Dan Noodles with Soy Meat
- It’s 20 grams of Soy meat.
- It’s 1 of Olive oil (for stir frying).
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Shaoxing wine (or cooking sake).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 5 of cm Japanese leek (finely chopped).
- You need 2 tbsp of Sesame paste (Look for Tahini sauce, available at Chinese supermarkets. It's convenient to have stocked).
- It’s 1 tsp of Mirin.
- You need 2 tbsp of Water (or warm water).
- Prepare 150 grams of Ashitaba konnyaku noodles (if not available, use 2 servings of yakisoba or somen noodles).
Vegetarian Dan Dan Noodles with Soy Meat step by step
- If using "Veggiemade," prep first by soaking in water, then drain..
- Boil the noodles. This time, I used healthy ashitaba konnyaku noodles from Taiwan. They're very low in calories, but are chewy..
- You could also substitute with yakisoba or somen noodles..
- Stir-fry the minced veggie meat in a frying pan with the olive oil, garlic, and salt..
- When the noodles from Step 3 have boiled to the colour shown in the photograph in Step 3, add the Shaoxing wine (or cooking sake) and soy sauce to the frying pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and add the spring onion..
- Stir fry until the spring onion has completely wilted, then turn off the heat..
- Transfer the minced mixture to a bowl..
- Add 2 tablespoons of sesame paste to the bowl along with 1 teaspoon of mirin and 2 tablespoons of water. Mix well..
- Add the noodles to a plate and pour the minced mixture over the top to finish..
- When serving, make sure to evenly mix the noodles and minced veggie meat! Feel free to add hot sesame oil and doubanjiang sauce to taste..