Vegetarian moussaka. Reviews for: Photos of Vegetarian Moussaka. Vegetarian Moussaka. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Although this Vegetarian Moussaka probably has very little to do with the authentic Greek dish — well, apart from the fact that it's made with layers of sliced eggplants that is — I think that it still deserves to.
It is a layered casserole traditionally made with eggplant, cheese, meat sauce, and béchamel, a white sauce where warm milk. An easy vegetarian moussaka recipe with a lighter sauce that will make the most confirmed easy vegetarian moussaka recipe. The new year means January and that means pretty cold and. You can cook Vegetarian moussaka using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian moussaka
- You need 3 cups of Boiled Pasta.
- Prepare 1 of Zucchini cut in sliced.
- You need 3-4 of Eggplant cut in sliced.
- You need 1-2 of Tomato cut in sliced.
- You need of For the red sauce:.
- You need 3 of Tomato.
- You need 1 tsp of Oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Seed.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped Olives/Mushroom/ or both.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped Parsley/ Kale or Spinach.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Corn flour.
- Prepare 3-4 of Green Chilli finely chopped(no or less depending on taste).
- You need 1 tsp of Olive Oil.
- You need of For the Béchamel sauce:.
- Prepare 5 cups of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of All purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of Parmesan cheese/ Mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper As per taste.
This basic recipe has an almost meaty flavor thanks to the inclusion of portobello mushrooms. Vegetarian moussaka – a classic Greek dish made with aubergine and lentils in a rich tomatoey sauce. The perfect healthy vegetarian comfort food! Layers of lentils with roasted vegetables, all topped with a creamy flavoursome sauce, this easy vegan moussaka is a winner.
Vegetarian moussaka step by step
- Baked sliced vegetable at 425 Fahrenheit till golden almost 7-10 mins.
- For red sauce: can use ready pasta sauce or tomato, but here I blend 3 tomatoes with Oregano, black pepper.
- Now heat 1 tsp oil, add cumin seeds, then roast olives for 3-4 mins and add tomato purée along with corn flour and chilles.
- Add spinach,salt and cook mix well and cook till thick like pasta sauce.
- For Bechamel Sauce: In pan take oil, add flour, salt and pepper mix well then add milk and cheese or mayo, whisk well on slow flame.
- Once it cook well and pretty much thick, off the flame. In baking tray spray it with oil then add pasta,layer of baked vegetables then tomato sauce and layered with bechmel.
- Again place some veggies and oregano and baked till golden brown at 425 F in oven..
The Greek classic tastes as good made with vegetables as it does with the usual minced lamb. By Sophie Godwin – Cookery writer. Make this mouth-watering and healthy moussaka with a simple plant-based ragu. This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. I love vegetarian moussaka so this would be nice too.