Thai Pumpkin And Coconut Cream Soup. This easy pumpkin soup is made with canned pumpkin and cream of coconut. This Thai pumpkin soup is creamy and full of flavour, zest and spice. It's filling enough for a meal or can be paired with shredded or diced chicken or grilled prawns for extra protein.
Thai Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk vegan. Add coconut cream, season with salt, pepper and fish sauce, and heat through without allowing soup to boil. Taste and adjust seasoning, then add lime juice and finely shredded kaffir lime leaves (keep some aside for garnish). You can have Thai Pumpkin And Coconut Cream Soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Pumpkin And Coconut Cream Soup
- It’s 350 of grm yellow pumpkin (peeled) cubed.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 5 of oo ml chicken stock.
- It’s 800 ml of coconut cream (canned).
- It’s 1 cup of basil leaves.
- You need to taste of pepper and salt.
- Prepare of Ingredients for shrimp paste.
- It’s 125 of grm prawns (shelled and deveined).
- It’s 10 of shallots,peeled.
- It’s 1 tbsp of shrimp paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red chilli,minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger,grated.
- It’s 1 tsp of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon grass stalk, finely chopped.
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with lime leaves, coriander (if using). SPICED PUMPKIN AND COCONUT MILK SOUP Dance of Saucepans. Pumpkin Soup with Sage and Coconut milk Cubes N' Juliennes. Cream of Sweet Potato Soup with Red Curry and Coconut Milk La Cocina de Babel.
Thai Pumpkin And Coconut Cream Soup step by step
- Using a mortar and pestle pound together all the ingredients listed under shrimp paste to form a well mixed paste..
- Toss the pumpkin cubes in lemon juice and keep aside..
- In a heavy bottomed pan add the shrimp paste, coconut cream and 250 ml chicken stock.Whisk well so no lumps remain..
- On medium heat, stirring occasionally, bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and stir to ensure there are no lumps..
- Add pumpkin and cook on low heat until pumpkin is tender but not mushy..
- Add the remaining 250 ml chicken stock, salt,pepper and basil leaves. Stir through and cook for a further 10 minutes..
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Coconut milk: I used full-fat coconut milk to make mine extra-creamy, but low-fat coconut milk would work too. Or, you're welcome to sub in heavy cream, or. Even without added cream, this pumpkin soup takes on a luxuriously velvety texture after it's simmered and pureed. The combination of red curry paste, ginger, and coconut milk result in a Thai-inspired meal. Make sure all the ingredients are very tender so they'll blend together smoothly.