Indonesian Style Chicken Soup. The ultimate comforting Asian noodle soup – soto ayam or Indonesian Chicken Noodle Soup. Flavoured with turmeric and coconut and served with rice noodles. Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skinny rice noodles buried in Julia Gartland for The New York Times.
This warming soup recipe is loosely based on an Indonesian preparation that marries the savory, soulful properties of chicken broth with assertive aromatics like garlic, galangal, cinnamon and star. This is a list of Indonesian soups. Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup – Indonesian style. You can cook Indonesian Style Chicken Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Style Chicken Soup
- It’s 1/2 kg of chicken, cut into 6 pieces.
- Prepare 4 of carrots. Peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 12 of green beans. cut into 3 or 4 depends on the length.
- You need 1 of big potato, cut into quarters and then cut again into 2.
- It’s 1 of tomato, cut into quarters.
- Prepare 1 stalk of green onion. Cut about 3 cm pieces.
- Prepare 1 stalk of small celery, cut the same way as the green onion.
- You need 2 pieces of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It’s as needed of Nutmeg, just a bit. Crushed.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare as needed of Chicken stock granules.
- Prepare as needed of Some crispy fried shallots for topping.
- It’s as needed of Some water.
Indonesian chicken noodle soup is a labour of love. Funny thing about most of the big Asian soups. Soto ayam is a classic Indonesian chicken and noodle soup. The broth is aromatic with lemon grass and infused with turmeric, which also gives the broth a warm.
Indonesian Style Chicken Soup step by step
- Put some water in a pot add the chicken in. Let it simmer until the chicken is cooked and the natural oil from the chicken comes out..
- Throw away the bubbles that come out during simmering. Drain the chicken so the broth is clean. At this point you can use the broth but if you don't like it, you can throw it away and make another broth so it will be cleaner..
- Put the garlic cloves and nutmeg into the chicken, let it simmer again..
- Then put in the potatoes and the carrots. Cook until they are soft enough. Then add the green beans, cook for 5 minutes. Add in the tomato..
- Then add the green onions and celery. Add in the seasonings to your taste. Cook for another 5 minutes or more. Turn off the heat..
- Serve. Good on it's own but as always we eat it with some rice. Don't forget to top it with some fried shallots if you have it. Enjoy..
Building bold flavor into the broth is the key to this easy chicken noodle soup. Indonesian-Style Chicken and Rice Noodle Soup. This Indonesian speciality is gently spiced and packed with flavour. This is called Jewish penicillin for a reason! The Best Indonesian Soup Recipes on Yummly