Chicken Minestrone Soup.
You can cook Chicken Minestrone Soup using 28 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Minestrone Soup
- Prepare of Step one.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of oil.
- It’s 1/2 of each chopped onion.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 stalks of chopped celery.
- It’s 1 of each chopped carrots.
- You need of Step two.
- Prepare 1/2 of dry pint Cherry tomatoes-diced or 1 -14. 5 ounce can of diced.
- It’s 1/2 of habanero pepper finely chopped (optional… we like it spicy:).
- You need 1/4 of red bell pepper-small dice.
- It’s 1/4 of yellow bell pepper small dice.
- It’s 4 ounces of diced cooked chicken.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of each potato -small diced.
- You need 2 quarts of chicken broth (stock).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s Pinch of thyme.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dry basil.
- You need of Step three.
- Prepare 1 cup of elbow macaroni.
- Prepare 1 can of (14 ouces +/-) white kidney beans.
- Prepare 1 cup of broccoli florets.
- It’s 1/2 cup of small cauliflower florets.
- It’s 3-4 of asparagus stalks cut thinly on a bias.
- It’s 1 of scallion cut on a bias –added as 2 minutes before the soup is done.
Chicken Minestrone Soup step by step
- In a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, garlic and carrots; sauté for 4 minutes..
- Add tomatoes, peppers, diced chicken, tomato paste, potato, chicken broth, parsley, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and basil to the pot. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes until vegetables are barely tender..
- Add the macaroni,white kidney beans broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus and simmer for 15 minutes more. Adjust as needed seasoning..
- Add the scallions 2 minutes before the soup is done..