Znoud El Sett. Serving authentic home made "Plat du Jour" �Dining experience �Catering services �Delivery. Current track: Znoud EL SetZnoud EL Set. And definitely you will find yourself so drawn by the wonderful aroma!!
Znoud el sett Lebanese ashta pastry dessert. Boil milk to froth and then add vinegar so that the milk separates Strain in cheese cloth Set aside to drain. Znoud El Set och Shaabiye är egentligen samma typ av efterrätt men de formas på olika vis. You can have Znoud El Sett using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Znoud El Sett
- You need 500 g of phyllo dough sheets, equivalent to 24 sheets.
- You need 6 cups of vegetable oil for frying.
- Prepare of For the ashta cream: Prepare ahead of time.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- You need 2 cups of whipping cream.
- You need 6 of slices American-style white bread.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 cup water.
- You need of For the sugar syrup:.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- It’s of For garnishing:.
- It’s of candied orange blossom optional.
- You need 1/2 cup of pistachios, raw ground.
Znoud el set liknar vårrullar och kan antingen bakas i ugnen eller friteras i olja. The Cheese Znoud Al-Sit is one of the most succulent fried Arabic desserts, prepared with the Baklava dough, stuffed with cheese, and then. My favorite of all are the Znoud el Set, a portion of Znoud el Set served warm, crunchy puff pastry fried and soaked with sugar syrup and stuffed with fresh ashta which is produced in-house. znoud el set Ingredients. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements.
Znoud El Sett step by step
- To prepare the sugar syrup: put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 minutes until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl..
- To prepare the ashta cream: Cut off the edges of the bread. Discard. Cut in dices the soft white part. Place the bread dices in a saucepan and pour the milk and whipping cream over them. Let the bread dices soak in the milk and cream mixture for at least 2 hr in the refrigerator. Put the saucepan on medium heat and, with a wooden spoon, start stirring the bread and milk mixture. Once the milk starts heating, add the water-dissolved cornstarch. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens. Once done, pour in a bowl and leave it to cool. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and place the cream in the refrigerator in order to thicken before using it..
- To prepare the znoud el sitt, cut each phyllo sheet into rectangular strips of 12 cm length and 7 cm width each..
- Put a strip on the table horizontally and another strip over it vertically forming a cross..
- Put 1 tablespoon of ashta cream in the middle of the upper strip, fold over the 2 sides and roll the lower strip over the folded one..
- In a deep frying pan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the rolls in batches until they turn golden. Place them on a kitchen absorbent paper..
- Immerse each roll in the sugar syrup for a few minutes..
- Decorate with ashta cream, ground pistachio and candied orange blossom and serve at room temperature or cold..
We recommend you set before you start cooking. Znoud means 'upper arm' and these decadent treats are playfully called Znoud el Sit (ladies' upper arm) in honour of plump ladies' creamy upper arms. Znoud El Set och Shaabiye är egentligen samma typ av efterrätt men de formas på olika vis. Znoud el set liknar vårrullar och kan antingen bakas i ugnen eller friteras i olja. How To Make Znoud El Sit – طريقة تحضير زنود الست Syrup recipe.