Jamaican Beef Pies. Jamaican Beef Patty – Spicy flavorful beef stuffed in an amazing super easy buttery dough. Comes together quickly and flies off the table. Stir in beef broth and bread crumbs.
Jamaican Beef Patties Recipe (Jamaican spicy curried meat pies). Descended from the British turnover, Jamaican beef patties liven up an old standby with a big pinch of curry and the fiery punch. The Jamaican Meat pie is quite different from the Nigerian Meat pie, but I can say that I love them both for different things. You can have Jamaican Beef Pies using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jamaican Beef Pies
- It’s 2 tsp of vegtable oil.
- It’s 1 medium of onion, finely choppd.
- It’s 2 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground allspice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of low-sodium beef broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry bread crumbs.
- You need 2 packages of crescent dough sheets.
- It’s 1 large of egg, lightly beaten.
These Jamaican Beef Patties make a perfect on-the-go snack. The spicy and flavorful beef filling is Be ready to make more because these hand pies disappear quickly! When it comes to lunch, I am a. A Jamaican patty is a pastry that contains various fillings and spices baked inside a flaky shell, often tinted golden yellow with an egg yolk mixture or turmeric.
Jamaican Beef Pies step by step
- preheat oven to 400°..
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion & cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add curry powder; cook 1 minute. Stir in ground beef; thyme, allspice, salt & pepper. Cook 5 minutes, breaking meat apart with a wooden spoon. Stir in broth & bread crumbs; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Unroll crescent dough. Cut each piece crosswise into 3 (8×4-inch) pieces, for a total of 6. Roll each piece out slightly. Place 1/2 cup of filling on half of one piece. Fold dough over to enclose filling. Press edges to seal, using a fork. Transfer to a large baking sheet & brush with a little of the egg. Repeat with all the pieces of dough..
- Bake @ 400° for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm..
A spiced beef filling wrapped in a bright pastry dough, Jamaican beef patties make a flavorful dinner or even an Essentially, they are a pie crust-like pastry shell wrapped around a mix of spiced beef. These Jamaican beef patties are savory pies that are easy to make with pie crust and a spiced These Jamaican beef patties are seasoned with chiles, curry, allspice, and thyme and wrapped in a. I used prepackaged pie crust instead of making the crust in the recipe. I sprinkled some curry on the crust too. Jamaican beef patties are made with a flaky pastry and filled with a fragrant seasoned beef filling.