Tami's Simple Chicken tortilla soup. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – This chicken tortilla soup is a silky mix of vegetables, tortillas & spices with tender chunks of grilled chicken Chicken Tortilla Soup. By Jennifer Segal, inspired by Tommy Bahama Tropical Café. Hi Tami, You can just leave out the cayenne and chili powder.
Ladle soup over chicken and top with a lime wedge, grilled tortilla strips, avocado slices and cheese. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! You can cook Tami's Simple Chicken tortilla soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tami's Simple Chicken tortilla soup
- Prepare of Roasted chicken homemade or store bought.
- Prepare 64 oz of Homemade or store bought chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 ears of corn cut into bite size pieces.
- You need 1 of chayote squash sliced.
- It’s 2 of green plantains cut into bite size pieces.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of smoked paprika.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of avocado.
- You need 1 of lime.
Top with shredded monterey jack cheese and garnish w/ tortilla chips. My husband said it tasted just like the chicken tortilla soup. It's super simple and is a great remedy for a sore throat or cold. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime.
Tami's Simple Chicken tortilla soup instructions
- Cook chicken if homemade season with salt and pepper and season with spices in recipe as well..
- In a large stock pot and broth, vegetables, spices and a few sprigs of cilantro, bring to boil reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender..
- Remove chicken from the bone into bite size pieces add in soup..
- Place in bowl add fresh cilantro, avocado and squeeze of lime. Enjoy!!.
Video Soup Mexican Chicken Chicken Soup. Packed with shredded chicken and black beans, this simple chicken tortilla soup from The Honour System delivers a satisfying, protein-loaded meal. Top this warm, hearty bowl with crushed tortilla chips for an extra crunch! If you're running low on time, simply use store-bought rotisserie chicken instead. Chicken tortilla soup, with its spicy tomato broth, crunchy tortilla chips, and gooey cheese, has long been one of my favorite dishes to order at Mexican restaurants.