Red Velvet Sponge Cake.
You can cook Red Velvet Sponge Cake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Sponge Cake
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of white vinegar or lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 of liquid milk.
- Prepare 1/2 of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red food color.
Red Velvet Sponge Cake step by step
- Mix 1/2 cup liquid milk with 2 tsp white vinegar to make your butter milk. Keep aside..
- Sieve your flour, mix with cocoa powder and baking powder. Mix it well and keep aside..
- In a blender, add eggs, oil, sugar and blend till smooth and fluffy. Then add your prepared buttermilk and blend again..
- Pour the blended mixture into a bowl. Add the dry ingredients into the mixture. Add vanilla essence..
- Add your red food color. Beat them together until well mixed. Grease your pan with butter and dust with flour..
- Pour the batter in the grease pan. Tap to remove air bubbles..
- Bake for 20mins or till a tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean..