Minestrone soup. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and.
I hope you enjoy this Minestrone Soup Recipe! Minestrone Soup – the best chunky soup in the world! Minestrone Soup is the sort of soup that keeps life interesting – it's filled to the brim with a variety of vegetables, potato, beans and pasta, in a. You can cook Minestrone soup using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Minestrone soup
- Prepare of some butter.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of carrots, chopped.
- You need 3 sticks of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of other vegetables eg squash, sweet potato, leeks..
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare Bunch of fresh thyme, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 500-750 ml of vegan/ veggie stock.
- You need 1 tin of cannellini beans, drained.
- You need Handful of kale/ cavolo nero, roughly shredded.
- Prepare 1-2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves, roughly shredded.
- It’s 2-3 handfuls of cooked pasta.
- Prepare of Parmesan/ veggie parmesan, grated.
Vegetarian minestrone soup packed with veggies like celery, carrots, green beans and spinach and simmered in a flavorful, Italian seasoned tomato broth. The minestrone soup I've been serving for years began as Ina Garten's Winter Minestrone soup, but since I can't help but tinker with a recipe, it has since morphed into my own. Cook up a pot of Ellie Krieger's healthy Minestrone Soup from Food Network, loaded with fresh veggies, pasta and herbs. Minestrone Soup Variations Swap the spinach for Swiss chard or baby kale.
Minestrone soup instructions
- Heat the butter in a oan (with a lid for later). Add the onion and fry for about 10 mins until soft. inion then carrots celery.
- Add the carrots and celery. Cook until starting to go tender..
- Add the other vegetables (not the greens)..
- Add the garlic and thyme. Cook for 2-3 mins..
- Add tomatoes and stock. Put the lid on. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins..
- Add the beans and simmer for 5 mins with lid off..
- Stir in greens for about 2 mins..
- And then stir in the basil and pasta..
- Serve with grated parmesan/ other cheese. Enjoy 😋.
To keep this low-carb, omit the pasta, you honestly won't miss it with everything else in this soup. Minestrone soup is so hearty it can stand on its own as the main dish! I fell in love with minestrone at the Olive Garden, so this is a pretty darn close attempt at copying the classic Italian soup. Minestrone soup cooks in one pot with a vegetable broth tomato base and then loaded with fresh vegetables, beans, and tender small shell pasta. This is honestly the best Minestrone Soup!