Minestrone soup. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and.
I hope you enjoy this Minestrone Soup Recipe! Minestrone Soup – the best chunky soup in the world! Minestrone Soup is the sort of soup that keeps life interesting – it's filled to the brim with a variety of vegetables, potato, beans and pasta, in a. You can have Minestrone soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Minestrone soup
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of medium onion diced.
- You need 2 of large carrots peeled and chopped.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 bag (5 oz) of fresh baby spinach washed and trimmed.
- You need 1 of large russet potato peeled and cubed.
- You need 1 can (14 oz) of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need 1 can (15 oz) of kidney beans.
- It’s 4 (14 oz) cans of low sodium chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 cup of short cut pasta.
- You need 6-7 of basil leaves.
Vegetarian minestrone soup packed with veggies like celery, carrots, green beans and spinach and simmered in a flavorful, Italian seasoned tomato broth. The minestrone soup I've been serving for years began as Ina Garten's Winter Minestrone soup, but since I can't help but tinker with a recipe, it has since morphed into my own. Cook up a pot of Ellie Krieger's healthy Minestrone Soup from Food Network, loaded with fresh veggies, pasta and herbs. Minestrone Soup Variations Swap the spinach for Swiss chard or baby kale.
Minestrone soup instructions
- In a large heavy bottom soup pot heat the olive oil on medium heat and sauté the pancetta until crispy, just a couple minutes. Once the pancetta is crispy remove from the pan and set aside..
- Add the chopped onion, carrots and celery and sauté until the vegetables start to cook down and caramelize about 3 minutes, add the potato and garlic and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, you want all the vegetables to get a golden brown color all over..
- Add the kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato puree and the chicken stock, place a lid on the pan turn the heat to medium high and cook for 30 minutes..
- When all the vegetables are cooked (mixture should be slightly thicker) season with salt and pepper to taste and add the pasta (cook the pasta according to package instructions) when the pasta is about 2 minutes away from being done add the spinach and basil, cook just until the spinach is wilted . Serve with good crusty Italian bread and add some shredded Parmesan cheese if you'd like.
To keep this low-carb, omit the pasta, you honestly won't miss it with everything else in this soup. Minestrone soup is so hearty it can stand on its own as the main dish! I fell in love with minestrone at the Olive Garden, so this is a pretty darn close attempt at copying the classic Italian soup. Minestrone soup cooks in one pot with a vegetable broth tomato base and then loaded with fresh vegetables, beans, and tender small shell pasta. This is honestly the best Minestrone Soup!