A great Red velvet cake recipe. Red Velvet Cake – soft and moist interior with a great flavor combination coming from vanilla, cocoa powder and buttermilk. This cake has a wonderful red. This red velvet cake recipe excerpted from David Guas and Raquel Pelzel's DamGoodSweet, is about as southern as a cake can be, but their version veers a bit from tradition.
A family favorite–great for the Christmas holiday. It could be that I have no experience with Red Velvet cake but with this recipe the cake was much to heavy. This is BEST Red Velvet Cake recipe EVER is the recipe my mom used. You can have A great Red velvet cake recipe using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of A great Red velvet cake recipe
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of cake flour or all purpose.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vanilla.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of gel food color or 2 tablespoons liquid color.
It's soft, moist and tender, with the perfect red velvet flavor! This Best Red Velvet Cake Recipe you will ever try! My mom would always make this velvet red cake cake from scratch on Christmas when I was growing up. This red velvet cake recipe is the original recipe made from scratch.
A great Red velvet cake recipe instructions
- Method: 1. Cream your butter and sugar together till pale yellow 2. Add your eggs one at time 3. Add your sour cream and oil 4. Add vanilla flavor 5. Add the vinegar to the milk and mix.
- 5. Sift in together your flour salt cocoa powder baking soda in a bowl (pls measure it accurately$ and make sure to always sift your dry ingredients (it makes your cake light) 7. Add 1/3 of the flour and splash of milk 8. Repeat the same process till everything is fully incorporated 9. Bake in your greased cake pan 10. Reminder do not over beat your batter once you start adding your flour (or you’ll end up with a dense cake) 11. Do not over bake your cake or end up with dry cakes.
This recipe also demonstrates how to make the original icing which is also made from scratch as opposed to cream cheese. If you have to know. this is my most favorite cake in the world and my wife makes me one every year on my. Amazing real red velvet cake recipe. One bowl, one spatula, one amazing cake! The cake is very light and delicate and very moist.