Simple sour dough bread. Making sourdough bread doesn't have to be complicated. This is one of the simplest sourdough breads you can make. I think it's the best, too!
Wait, isn't sourdough supposed to be hard? Not with my simplified sourdough bread recipe! I like to call sourdough bread the "lazy man's bread." Yep. You can have Simple sour dough bread using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple sour dough bread
- You need of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of instant or active dry yeast.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of warm water.
Sourdough bread is made entirely using wild yeast — with a strong, active sourdough culture of wild yeast, you won't need any commercial yeast at all. Make the leaven the night before you plan to mix the dough and leave it on the counter. By the next morning, it should be bubbly and smell slightly sour. Simple sourdough bread for the bread machine.
Simple sour dough bread step by step
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Add water, stir until ingredients are well incorporated; the dough should be wet and sticky.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rest 12-24 hrs on the counter at room temp. When the surface of the dough has darkened slightly, smells yeasty, and is dotted with bubbles, it is ready..
- Lightly flour your work surface. Shape dough into flat round, dont knead. Flip over to ensure both sides are floured. Place on parchment paper and drop into dutch oven with lid..
- Place dutch oven into cold oven, preheat to 425. Once oven reaches 425, bake for 40 min. Uncover bake for 10-15 min until crust is desired colour..
- Lift parchment paper out of pot, cool on rack.
All Reviews for Plain and Simple Sourdough Bread. A simple EASY recipe for No-Knead Sourdough Bread made with your own homemade sourdough starter that rises overnight and is baked the next morning. A beginner's guide to delicious hand-crafted bread with minimal kneading. This sourdough bread recipe will allow you to have fresh and handmade at home. Sourdough bread is a treasured recipe for many homesteaders.