Red velvet cake. Red velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet-colored chocolate layer cake, layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food coloring. Red Velvet Cake is not just a chocolate cake with red food colouring added.
The acidity is balanced out by the sweetness of the cake itself. This recipe produces the best red velvet cake with superior buttery, vanilla, and cocoa flavors, as well as a delicious tang from buttermilk. I have always been a red velvet cake fan but there are some that are just better than others. You can cook Red velvet cake using 19 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red velvet cake
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 cup flour.
- You need 2/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla flavor.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of chocolate flavor.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of milk flavor.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of red food colouring.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of white vinegar.
- You need of Whipping cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of whipping cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of chilled milk.
- You need 1/8 cup of cold water.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla flavor.
This Best Red Velvet Cake Recipe you will ever try! My mom would always make this velvet red cake cake from scratch on Christmas when I was growing up. I never really thought too much about it. "Easy, moist red velvet cake recipe full of Southern charm with a secret ingredient! Frosted with Cream Cheese frosting!" Watch me make this Easy, Moist Red Velvet Cake from start to finish!
Red velvet cake step by step
- Here's the ingredients needed.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside..
- Whisk sugar and oil untill well combined. Add eggs, buttermilk and white vinegar and mix well..
- Add in the flavors.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Beat in your desired amount of red food colouring just untill combined. I used 2 teaspoons..
- The batter will be silky and slightly thick..
- Divide the batter between 2 loaf pans, bake for 30-35 mins or untill the top of the cakes spring back when gently touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comesout clean. If the cakes need a little longer as determined by wet crumbs on the toothpick, bake for longer..
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer or standing mixer, beat the whipping cream, chilled milk, cold water and vanilla flavor untill fluffy..
- Using a large serrated knife, slice a thin layer off the tops of the cakes to create a flat surface (if it is flat you can skip this step). Discard or crumble over finished cake. Place 1 cake layer on your cake stand or serving plate. Evenly cover the top with frosting. Top with 2nd layer and spread remaining frosting all over the top. I always use an icing spatula..
- Refrigerate cake for at least 30-60 minutes before slicing. This helps the cake hold its shape when cutting..
Although cake flour is usually used for classic red velvet recipes to make it light, I wanted to stick to all-purpose flour in my recipe, so that. In general, I've found that the simpler the recipe, the better the cake. This recipe really could not be more simple. The method is to simply combine the wet. A Red Velvet Cake is instantly recognizable with its bright red color offset by a white Cream Cheese If you look beyond the striking appearance of a Red Velvet Cake, you will find that it has a very mild.