Red Velvet Cake. Red velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet-colored chocolate layer cake, layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food coloring. Red Velvet Cake is not just a chocolate cake with red food colouring added.
The acidity is balanced out by the sweetness of the cake itself. This recipe produces the best red velvet cake with superior buttery, vanilla, and cocoa flavors, as well as a delicious tang from buttermilk. I have always been a red velvet cake fan but there are some that are just better than others. You can have Red Velvet Cake using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cake
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of cocoa.
- Prepare 1 oz of red food coloring.
- Prepare half of teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
This Best Red Velvet Cake Recipe you will ever try! My mom would always make this velvet red cake cake from scratch on Christmas when I was growing up. I never really thought too much about it. "Easy, moist red velvet cake recipe full of Southern charm with a secret ingredient! Frosted with Cream Cheese frosting!" Watch me make this Easy, Moist Red Velvet Cake from start to finish!
Red Velvet Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 Cream eggs sugar oil and vanilla on high for 2 minutes.
- Sift salt flour and cocoa in separate bowl.
- Add food coloring to egg mixture and blend for one minute.
- Alternate adding flour and buttermilk ending with flour to the egg mixture.
- Combine vinegar and baking soda then FOLD into batter DON'T over mix.
- Coat two 8 or 9 inch pans with oil and dust with flour.
- Add batter to pans and bake for 25-30 min until tooth pick comes out clean or with crumbs let it cool all the way.
- Ice with cream cheese icing and decorate with nuts (nuts are optional).
Although cake flour is usually used for classic red velvet recipes to make it light, I wanted to stick to all-purpose flour in my recipe, so that. In general, I've found that the simpler the recipe, the better the cake. This recipe really could not be more simple. The method is to simply combine the wet. A Red Velvet Cake is instantly recognizable with its bright red color offset by a white Cream Cheese If you look beyond the striking appearance of a Red Velvet Cake, you will find that it has a very mild.