Cheeseburger Soup. This is a rich soup in which ground beef is sauteed in butter with vegetables and herbs prior to adding milk, cubes of cheddar cheese and sour cream. This Cheeseburger Soup recipe is a rich and cheesy bowl of comfort food made on the lighter side. Cheeseburger soup is always a hit with my family!
Cheeseburger Soup Sounds Weird, Tastes INSANE. Today we are showing you how to make Cheeseburger Soup! This delectable family friendly Cheeseburger Soup brings all the wonderful savory flavors of cheeseburgers together in a creamy cheesy soup with a prefect blend of Italian seasonings. You can cook Cheeseburger Soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger Soup
- You need 1/2 pound of ground beef.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of shredded carrots.
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 4 TBS of butter.
- You need 4 cups of cubed potatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 2 cups of cubed cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of sour cream.
Cheeseburger Soup – All the flavors of a cheeseburger in a creamy, comforting soup, topped with crisp bacon and homemade hamburger bun croutons! Cheeseburger Soup – How To Make Cheeseburger Soup with BaconThe Wolfe Pit. When I first read the words Cheeseburger Soup on the menu of our local deli – my thought was YUCK! This was the special every Friday!
Cheeseburger Soup instructions
- In a large pot, melt 1 tablespoon butter or margarine over medium heat: cook and stir vegetables and beef , until beef is brown..
- Stir in basil and parsley. Add broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes..
- Melt the remainder of butter and stir in flour. Add the milk, stirring until smooth..
- Gradually add milk mixture to the soup, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Stir in cheese. When cheese is melted, add sour cream and heat through. Do not boil..
Well one Friday I decided to broaden my taste buds and give it a try! This cheeseburger soup recipe is the perfect summer to autumn recipe! If you're like me and are still grilling on the weekends before the cold weather takes hold, you're already halfway to an amazing pot. This Cheeseburger Soup is thick, hearty and loaded with ground beef, potatoes, veggies and plenty of cheese! Make it on the stovetop or in the slow cooker.