Yellow Moong Daal Dhokla (Savory Steamed Lentils Cake)– Protein-Rich Breakfast. Moong Dal Dhokla, the popular soft and spongy steamed Gujarati snack is nutritious and very easy to make. Pucca traditional and perfect to the core, the Moong Dal Combine the yellow moong dal and green chillies and blend in a mixer using ½ cup of water to make a paste of pouring consistency. When finalizing the list for moong dal recipes for this month's Cooking Carnival, Cooking with If you are new to Indian cooking or Gujarati cuisine, dhokla is a steamed savory cake made with fermented batter which is made of dals with or Dhoklas are served as a breakfast, snack or as a light meal.
Moong Dal (yellow dal) is a healthy Indian comfort food prepared from yellow split lentil (green split gram without skin) and many spices. It is rich in protein and a staple food in India and main source of protein for vegetarians. Serve it with rice and roti for healthy wholesome meal. You can cook Yellow Moong Daal Dhokla (Savory Steamed Lentils Cake)– Protein-Rich Breakfast using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yellow Moong Daal Dhokla (Savory Steamed Lentils Cake)– Protein-Rich Breakfast
- Prepare of For Dhokla:.
- You need of Yellow moong dal (washed and soaked for 4 hours or overnight.
- Prepare of Green chilies.
- It’s of Sugar (optional).
- You need of Oil.
- You need of Turmeric.
- You need of Besan.
- It’s of Curd.
- Prepare of Eno.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of For Tempering:.
- Prepare of Oil.
- It’s of Mustard seeds or Rai.
- You need of Chopped Green chilli.
- It’s of White Sesame.
- It’s of Lemon juice.
- It’s of Curry Leaves.
- You need of Sugar (optional).
- It’s of Water.
When the water comes to a boil, then pour this tempering mixture over the steamed moong dal dhokla. Garnish with ¼ cup coriander leaves (finely chopped) and ¼ cup grated coconut (optional). Moong dal dhokla is a savory steamed cake recipe for breakfast or anytime snacks. This soft and spongy moong dal dhokla is cooked with split yellow Let's learn to make Moong Dal Dhokla in easy to understand quick steps.
Yellow Moong Daal Dhokla (Savory Steamed Lentils Cake)– Protein-Rich Breakfast instructions
- Combine soaked yellow moong dal, green chilies, salt, sugar, oil, turmeric powder, besan, curd and blend in a mixer using a little water (2 tbsp) to make a smooth paste. Keep 2 cups of water in a deep kadhai and put a stand in it. Cover it and let it boil for 5 minutes. Now add Eno in a dhokla batter and pour 1 tsp of lemon juice over it. Mix it well..
- Pour batter into a greased dhokla pan and steam for 15 minutes. Check with a toothpick if it cum out clean then it’s done. Allow dhokla to cool down completely..
- For Tempering: Heat oil in a small pan. First, add the mustard seeds. Let them papaya first. Add curry leaves and white sesame, and allow to crackle. Then add green chilli, sugar. Now add water, lemon juice and let it boil for 1 minute. Switch off the flame. Spread tempering over dhokla. Cut into the desired shape and enjoy..
Take a grinder, add split yellow lentils and chopped green chilies to it. Moong dal chat is a north Indian recipe, a very healthy, tasty, and nutritious snack. This moong dal salad is packed with protein, calcium, and fiber. Dal should not be very soft cooked. It is good to boil it in a pan rather than in pressure cooker.