Cheesy Yummy Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Enjoy your favorite restaurant's broccoli Cheddar soup any time with this delicious recipe! My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is SO satisfying!
Luxuriously smooth but with some texture from tender florets. Preferably free of flour and heavy cream. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with What to Serve with Broccoli Cheddar Soup. You can have Cheesy Yummy Broccoli Cheddar Soup using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Yummy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Prepare 2 packages of Broccoli florets (12 oz bags).
- You need 16 oz of Heavy cream.
- You need 12 oz of Shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Diced onion.
- It’s 12 oz of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/3 cup of Unsalted butter.
- You need 5 cup of Chicken broth.
- You need 2 can of 12 oz. cans of evaporated milk.
- It’s 6 tbsp of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste..
To make this easy broccoli cheddar soup recipe, you will need the following ingredients: Butter or olive oil: We will use. Creamy, extra cheesy Broccoli Cheddar Soup loaded with broccoli. This Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is adapted from my family's favorite broccoli cheddar soup recipe. Creamy, extra cheesy and filled with broccoli.
Cheesy Yummy Broccoli Cheddar Soup step by step
- Dice onion and slice butter into chunks..
- Combine onion and butter in large skillet and cook until onion is soft..
- Add flour to onion and butter and combine. (This will look thick and bready but don't worry!).
- Slowly stir in both cans of evaporated milk. Stir together in a whisking motion, constantly stirring over medium heat..
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper..
- When thoroughly stirred, pour into crock pot..
- Add chicken broth and broccoli to crock pot..
- Cook on high 2 hours stirring occasionally..
- NOTE: this requires a big sized crock pot. If you have a small one like mine, you'll have to transfer to a pot on the stove. Either way is perfect..
- After two hours, add heavy cream and both cheeses..
- Once cheese is melted and cream is stirred in, it's ready to eat!.
This homemade, creamy broccoli cheddar soup recipe is better than any restaurants! I just recently became a huge fan of broccoli cheddar soup after having it at Panera Bread and Ruby Tuesday. This broccoli cheddar soup recipe doesn't rely on velveeta for the cheesy taste. Is there anything better than Broccoli Cheddar soup? You get all of the stick your bones goodness you get from all the best comfort food while indulging in the sharp, cheesy flavor from the cheddar.