Pumpkin Roll. Learn how to make a pumpkin roll with this classic pumpkin roll recipe! It's an easy Thanksgiving dessert to make ahead of time, it's filled with a heavenly cream cheese filling. Master the art of the Pumpkin Roll with this recipe from Delish.com.
This Pumpkin Roll recipe is easier than you think, and will make you a holiday dessert superstar. This is the easiest pumpkin roll recipe I've ever made. Easy Pumpkin Roll Today I'm going to show you how to make pumpkin roll from scratch. You can have Pumpkin Roll using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Roll
- Prepare of Cake Ingredients:.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of ground cloves.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2/3 cup of pumpkin puree.
- You need of Filling Ingredients:.
- You need 1 (8 oz.) of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar, sifted.
- It’s 6 tbsp. of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- You need 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Additional powdered sugar, for dusting at the end.
This is a healthier pumpkin roll made with oats and maple syrup. Pumpkin roll— a beautiful classic fall dessert that everyone loves! This homemade pumpkin roll recipe yields a moist and soft spiced pumpkin cake with a thick layer of cream cheese frosting that's. This Homemade Pumpkin Roll is easy to make, perfectly spiced, and filled with a simple cream cheese frosting.
Pumpkin Roll instructions
- To make the pumpkin roll: Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt in medium bowl until combined..
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and granulated sugar for 1 minute, until thick. Add in the vanilla and pumpkin and whisk until just combined. Fold in the flour mixture with a rubber spatula and stir together until just combined..
- Line a 15×10 inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving additional parchment paper hanging off the sides so you can easily lift the cake out after baking. Spread the batter evenly onto the prepared pan..
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the top of the cake springs back when touched. Carefully lift the parchment paper and cake onto a flat, heat-safe surface. Then slowly, use your hands to roll the cake (short end to other short end) until it is completely rolled up (careful, the cake will be very hot!)..
- Transfer the rolled cake to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before frosting..
- To make the cream cheese filling : While cake is cooling, whisk together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth. If the filling is too thin, add a small amount more of powdered sugar. If the filling is too thick, add 1 or 2 tsp. of water. You want the filling to be easy to spread, but you don't want it to be too runny or it will ooze out of the cake as you re-roll it..
- Once the cake is cooled to room temperature, transfer the cake roll to a flat surface and carefully unroll it until it is flat again (it's ok if the edges curl up slightly). Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over cake, leaving a 3/4 inch border on all sides..
- Then, carefully re-roll the cake, gently peeling away the parchment paper as you roll until you can completely remove and discard it..
- Tightly wrap the pumpkin roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. I made mine the day before and chilled it overnight..
- When ready to serve: Remove the pumpkin roll from the fridge and carefully unwrap. Transfer it onto a cutting board or a serving dish. Lightly dust with additional powdered sugar, then slice carefully with a sharp, serrated knife and serve..
- Re-wrap any leftovers in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 3 days..
It's officially September and if you've been following my blog for. Classic Easy Pumpkin Roll Recipe made from scratch with a rich cream cheese filling, great for fall baking during pumpkin season. This easy Pumpkin Roll recipe is perfect for the holidays. You just can't beat a classic pumpkin roll recipe, and this one has a trick for making the process easier then ever. This pumpkin roll recipe with the best cream cheese filling is a favorite you'll make year after year.