Creamy mushroom and wild rice soup. Add broth, salt, and pepper to mushroom mixture. In a small bowl combine cream and flour; stir into broth mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
Soups that contain dairy can also be tricky but since this Creamy Mushroom Wild Rice Soup contains far more broth then dairy, it shouldn't be an issue. Stir in broth, rice mix with contents of seasoning packet, reserved dried mushrooms and soaking liquid, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into soup. You can have Creamy mushroom and wild rice soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy mushroom and wild rice soup
- Prepare 1 lb of sliced baby bella mushrooms.
- You need 2 cup of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of stalks celery, diced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter, divided.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 7 cup of vegetable stock.
- You need 4 oz of wild rice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 can of 12 ounces – evaporated milk.
Creamy Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup reminds me of the dish my Ma made, except this is a main course, not a side. It has umami flavor throughout, just like my mom's side, due to the abundant mushrooms, tamari, and tomato paste. You'll notice perhaps, an odd ingredient used in this recipe. Wild rice is cooked with baking soda.
Creamy mushroom and wild rice soup step by step
- Place olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in large stock pot over medium high heat..
- Add mushrooms, onion, carrots, and garlic. Saute 10 minutes, or until tender..
- Remove and reserve veggies and any juices from stock pot and turn heat down to medium..
- Make roux: add remaining 2 tablespoons butter. When melted, whisk in flour. Cook and whisk over medium until golden and nutty smelling, about 5 minutes..
- Meanwhile, warm 3 cups stock, either in microwave or in a saucepan..
- Slowly whisk hot stock into roux, about 1/2 cup at a time, until smooth and bubbly..
- When roux and warmed stock are incorporated, add rice, remaining stock, reserved veggies and their juices, and salt and pepper..
- Cover and simmer until rice is done, about one hour..
- Add evaporated milk and heat through but do not boil..
Wild rice and a mix of mushrooms are simmered until tender in a savory, creamy base infused with herbs and a touch of wine to make this scrumptious vegan wild rice soup. Occasionally I'll go through a period of a couple weeks, look back on the recipes I've posted, and realize that every single one of them is based around cashews. Pressure Cooker; Cream of Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup. Cream of Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup is hearty and perfect for those cooler weather days. It's easy to make in under an hour in a pressure cooker and the mix of assorted mushrooms, shallots and sherry with nutty wild rice in a flavorful broth makes a great combination.