Lemon Pound Cake. Get Inspired On Our Official Site. The rich taste of pound cake is balanced out with the zingy addition of lemon. Lemon zest and lemon juice are added to the batter, which lightly perfume the cake with lemon.
For this recipe, I added an extra egg yolk and sour cream, and replaced the all-purpose flour with bread flour to give more structure to the loaf and get a better rise. Use a toothpick to make holes in top of cake and drizzle lemon juice and sugar mixture over the top of the cake when removed from the oven. Lemon Pound Cake Recipe (Ultimate Lemon Cake Recipe) – This is the Best Lemon Pound Cake on the Internet! You can cook Lemon Pound Cake using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Pound Cake
- You need 100 g of butter.
- It’s 80 g of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 120 g of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of water.
Tart, sweet, moist and filled with lemon flavor, you will adore this Lemon Cake Recipe with a secret ingredient for years to come! This Lemon Pound Cake is a dream dessert for lemon lovers! Made with lemon juice, lemon zest, and topped with a lemon buttermilk glaze, this lemon pound cake recipe is scrumptious! A sweet and slightly tart flavor greets your tastebuds first as you take a bite.
Lemon Pound Cake instructions
- Make the lemon zest first. Wash the lemon well and grate its skin. You can use the lemon juice, too, so cut the lemon in half and squeeze out the juice..
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F. Put butter and sugar into a bowl and mix together well until you get a creamy texture..
- Add the half of beaten eggs slowly into the bowl, and mix them very well. Add the rest of beaten eggs and keep mixing well..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and lightly mix together, but do not mix too much! Then pour in the lemon zest and lemon juice and mix. A powdery mixture is fine..
- Spread butter on the inside of the loaf pan or line with cooking paper. Then pour in the mixture, evenly. Push down the centre of mixture a bit and bake for 30 minutes on at 170°C/340°F and another 10 min at 160°C/320°F.
- Prepare a small bowl and add 1 Tbsp of honey and water and mix well. Once the cake is baked, spread the sauce on all the surface. And it is done!.
- Note: if you want to have a richer taste for grown-ups only, you can make the sauce with "brandy and water" instead of honey and water! It is also good to pour glaze on the cake. To make the glaze, mix castor sugar (60 g), lemon juice (1 Tbsp) and water (1 Tbsp) and pour onto the cake after it is COOLED..
That's immediately followed by the delicious taste of fresh lemon in the soft. This Lemon Lover's Pound Cake is a favorite here at Taste of Home. It comes to us from contributor Annettia Mounger of Missouri. It's so loved because this lemon pound cake packs a ton of lemon flavor thanks to lemon zest, lemon juice and a touch of lemon extract. When we say it's a lemon lovers cake, we mean it!