Chicken Tortilla Soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! This chicken tortilla soup recipe is infused with a bunch of Mexican-inspired flavors and a few extra common pantry ingredients.
It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on.particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings. Simmer a recipe for spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Food Network that's loaded with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos and more. You can cook Chicken Tortilla Soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 6-8 cups of cubed chicken.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt (or to taste).
- It’s of Chili powder (to taste).
- Prepare of Cayenne (optional, to taste).
- It’s of Onion powder (to taste).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil (or more).
- Prepare 8 of corn tortillas in 1-inch strips (or just buy a bag of chips).
- It’s 3/4 cup of finely chopped white onions.
- Prepare 2-3 of chopped bell peppers.
- You need 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of seeded, chopped tomatoes (optional).
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced Serrano chilies (optional).
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 3 tablespoons of lime juice (to taste).
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro (or more).
- Prepare 1 of avacodo.
This Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup from Delish.com combines chicken breasts, fire-roasted tomatoes, and black beans for the easiest, healthiest soup. Chicken tortilla soup, with its spicy tomato broth, crunchy tortilla chips, and gooey cheese, has long been one of my favorite dishes to order at Mexican restaurants. I never even thought to make it at. How to make the BEST EVER Chicken Tortilla Soup with homemade tortilla strips.
Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Heat 1/2 cup of the oil over high heat in a large pot..
- Fry the tortillas in batches until golden brown on both sides, adding more oil as needed. Drain on paper towels..
- Season the cubed chicken with the onion powder, salt, and cover in chili powder, add a touch of cayenne if desired..
- Cook the seasoned chicken in a pan..
- Saute the onion, and bell peppers. Throw the garlic in near the end..
- Put everything except the avacodo in a pot and simmer for about 10 minutes (or until how you like)..
- Cut avacodo into small pieces and put into soup before serving..
This is perfect for those chilly Fall and Winter nights. It is hearty, filling, and healthy. This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the soup of my dreams. It's almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds. It is loaded with juicy, tender shredded chicken.