Lemon Pound Cake. Flavored with lemon zest and juice, and drizzled with a tart lemon glaze, this lemon pound cake is the ultimate dessert for lemon lovers. The Best Lemon Pound Cake ever. My husband says it reminds him of his grandmother's.
For this recipe, I added an extra egg yolk and sour cream, and replaced the. This simple lemon pound cake is moist and rich, feels like springtime, and tastes incredible under a thick layer of lemon glaze. Here's exactly what you need to make if it's citrus season: grapefruit Greek. You can have Lemon Pound Cake using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Pound Cake
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened at room temperature.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar, plus 1/3 cup.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of lemon juice, plus 1/3 cup sugar.
Run a knife around the sides of the pan. LEMON CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE RECIPE Lemon Pound Cake (Ultimate Lemon Cake Recipe) – This is the Best Lemon Pound Cake on the Internet! Tart, sweet and filled with lemon flavor, you will adore this Cream Cheese Lemon Pound.
Lemon Pound Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 6-cup loaf pan and line it with parchment or waxed paper. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt..
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer), cream the butter. Add 1 cup of the sugar and mix. With the mixer running at low speed, add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla..
- Working in alternating batches, and mixing after each addition, add the dry ingredients and 1/4 cup of the lemon juice to the butter mixture. Mix until just smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake until raised in the center and a tester inserted into the center comes out dry and almost clean (a few crumbs are OK), 65 to 75 minutes..
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 1/3 cup sugar and the remaining 1/3 cup lemon juice until the sugar is dissolved..
- When the cake is done, let cool in the pan 15 minutes (it will still be warm). Run a knife around the sides of the pan. Set a wire rack on a sheet pan with sides (to catch the glaze) and turn the cake out onto the rack. Peel off the waxed paper..
- Using a pastry brush, spread glaze all over the top and sides of the cake and let soak in. Repeat until the entire glaze is used up, including any glaze that has dripped through onto the sheet pan. Let cool at room temperature or, wrapped in plastic wrap, in the refrigerator (Well wrapped, the cake will last up to a week). Serve at room temperature, in thin slices..
Lemon Pound Cake is a variation on classic pound cake that is flavored with lemon. In this recipe we've replaced some of the butter with cream cheese which compliments the lemon flavor really well. A thick slice of lemon pound cake and a cup of strong coffee is one of my favorite things on earth. Make glaze: In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice then pour over cooled cake. Lemon pound cake is what I've got for you here.