Lemon Pound Cake. Flavored with lemon zest and juice, and drizzled with a tart lemon glaze, this lemon pound cake is the ultimate dessert for lemon lovers. The Best Lemon Pound Cake ever. My husband says it reminds him of his grandmother's.
For this recipe, I added an extra egg yolk and sour cream, and replaced the. This simple lemon pound cake is moist and rich, feels like springtime, and tastes incredible under a thick layer of lemon glaze. Here's exactly what you need to make if it's citrus season: grapefruit Greek. You can have Lemon Pound Cake using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Pound Cake
- You need 1 3/4 c of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/4 c of sugar.
- It’s 2 sticks of butter, softened.
- You need 5 of eggs.
- You need 1/3 c of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Zest from 3 lemons.
- It’s 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need of *3/4 cup of blueberries or 3tbsp poppyseeds-optional**.
- It’s of Lemon Simple Syrup.
- You need 1/4 c of sugar.
- You need 1/4 c of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare of Vanilla Glaze.
- Prepare 1/2 c of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla or vanilla bean.
- You need Pinch of salt.
Run a knife around the sides of the pan. LEMON CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE RECIPE Lemon Pound Cake (Ultimate Lemon Cake Recipe) – This is the Best Lemon Pound Cake on the Internet! Tart, sweet and filled with lemon flavor, you will adore this Cream Cheese Lemon Pound.
Lemon Pound Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325 and lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan with butter. Dust pan light with flour and set aside..
- In a bowl beat butter, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla for 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add sour cream until incorporated. Add eggs one at a time, mixing to combine after each addition..
- In another bowl whisk together flour, Baking powder and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. (Fold in blueberries or poppyseeds-optional). Toss blueberries lightly in flour before adding to batter..
- Bake 325 for 1 hour or until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cook for 20 mins. I’m a sauce pan, combine lemon juice and sugar. Once sugar has dissolved, allow to gently simmer for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Using a toothpick, poke cake lightly with holes all around cake. Brush syrup around top and sides of cake. Allow to cool for an hour before icing cake..
- Whisk together powder sugar vanilla bean, milk and salt. Slowly pour over cake and allow to sit 20 minutes to harden before serving..
Lemon Pound Cake is a variation on classic pound cake that is flavored with lemon. In this recipe we've replaced some of the butter with cream cheese which compliments the lemon flavor really well. A thick slice of lemon pound cake and a cup of strong coffee is one of my favorite things on earth. Make glaze: In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice then pour over cooled cake. Lemon pound cake is what I've got for you here.