Vegan chocolate cake. Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and granulated sugar into a large bowl. Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake. This really is the best chocolate cake ever, vegan or otherwise.
It's also rich, tall (two layers), dark and pretty damn handsome too! Not to mention velvety and chocolatey. Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake: Use peanut butter in place of the oil. You can cook Vegan chocolate cake using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan chocolate cake
- You need of Cake.
- It’s 240 ml of plant based milk.
- It’s 15 ml of white vinegar.
- You need 240 g of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 315 g of white sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of cacao powder.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 240 ml of unsweetened applesauce.
- It’s 120 ml of freshly brewed espresso.
- It’s 120 ml of coconut oil, melted.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Frosting.
- You need 112 g of unsalted plant-based butter, softened.
- Prepare 25 g of cacao powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 120 g of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 60 ml of unsweetened plant-based milk.
- It’s 60 ml of dairy-free dark chocolate, melted.
- You need of Decorations.
- You need of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries.
- Prepare leaves of mint.
- It’s of nuts.
Frost with the vegan cream cheese frosting recipe from my Easy Cinnamon Rolls post, and beat a half cup of peanut butter into the frosting. The vegan cake uses just a few basic ingredients you might already have on hand – no flax or chia eggs required, and no unusual ingredients like avocado or black beans. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "This is a delicious and moist vegan chocolate cake! And very simple to make, some vegan cakes require an awful lot of expensive ingredients. A* for taste, ease and texture!" – Natasha ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Best vegan cake recipe ever!
Vegan chocolate cake step by step
- To a medium bowl, add the milk and vinegar, and give it a mix. You will see it starts to curdle, by doing this we are creating a vegan buttermilk..
- Place a sieve over a large bowl, sift all the dry ingredients through it. Mix together. To the same large bowl, add the buttermilk and all wet ingredients. Mix until there are no lumps left, but make sure to not over mix..
- Grease a (20 cm) round cake pan with oil and line the bottom with a cut-out round piece of parchment paper. Put in the cake batter and bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes at 180°C..
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. To a large bowl, add the butter, sift in the cacao powder, and add the vanilla, and mix with an electric or hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Alternate between adding sifted powdered sugar and plant-based milk to the bowl, until well combined. Using a spatula, fold in the melted chocolate, make sure to let it cool off a little bit before adding..
- Once your cake is done baking, let it cool off for 10 minutes in the cake pan before transferring to a cooling rack to let it cool off completely. If you like, you can level your cake with a serrated knife to create a flat surface for stacking the cakes on top of each other..
- Using a spatula or butter knife, spread out a thick layer of frosting on one of the cakes. Place the second cake on top and frost with the leftover frosting, you can even create a pattern if you like. Decorate the chocolate cake with berries of your choice and some mint leaves, and enjoy!.
- Notes Storage: best if enjoyed immediately. The cake can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Variations: top the cake with any fruits of your choice, or add some nuts for example..
Vegan or not if you're looking for an amazing chocolate cake recipe you are going to love this Vegan Chocolate Cake. What Are Vegan Cakes Made Of? Very simply, dairy-free versions of regular cake ingredients. Vegan butter is subbed for dairy butter, and a combo of oil, dairy-free milk, and apple cider vinegar replace the eggs. To make the Ultimate Vegan Chocolate Cake: Add all of the dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.