Kidney bean chocolate cake. The cake will spring back when touched and skewer will come out clean when cooked. Vegan kidney bean chocolate cake that's without refined sugar or carbohydrates. You wouldn't guess beans from the taste as even people that don't like beans or loved this cake.
This healthy cake recipe is made of mainly coconut and kidney beans. You wouldn't guess it from the taste as even people that don't like beans or coconut. Kidney bean chocolate cake. (Chris Middleton). You can cook Kidney bean chocolate cake using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kidney bean chocolate cake
- It’s 400 g of kidney beans (tinned/dry cooked as per packet instructions.
- You need 230 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 50 g of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of dark rum or 1 tsp instant coffee powder (optional).
- You need 5 of medium eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of gluten free baking powder.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of water.
- It’s of Chocolate glaze.
- It’s 100 g of chocolate.
- It’s 1 tbsp of golden syrup.
- You need 25 g of butter or margarine.
This cake has a sophisticated bitterness to it – just add a little more stevia if you would like a sweeter version. Combine kidney beans and eggs in a food processor. Kidney beans are high in iron, fibre and vitamins and claim to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart attack. The bean cake comes from a Thermomix recipe converted to a conventional method.
Kidney bean chocolate cake instructions
- Rinse and drain the kidney beans..
- Use a food process or blender to whizz up the kidney beans and water to form a paste. Set aside..
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy..
- Add eggs and combine..
- Add baking powder, cocoa powder, bean paste and coffee or rum (if using) and combine well..
- Pour into cake and level. Bake for 45 minutes at 170C..
- Cool cake completely before removing from tin..
- Over a bain marie (bowl placed over a pan of boiled water), melt chocolate, butter and syrup. Stir until well combined..
- Pour glaze over cake and leave to set. Enjoy!.
You need a food processor. or a blender and an electric mixer. Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe With Kidney Beans. This healthy easy recipe makes brownies with kidney beans instead of butter and oil! Oh I love chocolate cake – who doesn't? But there's a catch with chocolate cake: SO.