Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup. Loaded with ham, cheese, potatoes and TONS of broccoli! It is the perfect cozy, comforting soup for any time of the year. Because a broccoli soup always makes me feel good about myself.
This creamy and cheesy potato soup with broccoli comes together quickly for an easy and quick weeknight meal that everyone will love. But this broccoli potato cheese soup recipe doesn't sacrifice flavor in it's ingredient modifications, but instead is a healthyish version of my childhood fave. Cheese compliments broccoli and potatoes so well. You can cook Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup
- Prepare 1 head of fresh brocolli.
- Prepare 2 cups of finely diced ham.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white cooking wine.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 8 cups of potatoes (peeled & chopped).
- It’s 12 cups of water.
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 6 slices of American cheese.
- It’s 4 ounces of velveeta cheese.
Ultimate comfort food when the weather starts to get colder. I love to serve it with homemade rolls or bread and a salad. This is a yummy and easy soup to throw together. Cheese compliments broccoli and potatoes so well.
Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup step by step
- Place water potatoes and salt in 8 quart pot. Boil until tender, around 20 minutes. Simutaneously, chop broccoli florets and stem and steam until tender, around 15 minutes..
- While boiling potatoes and steaming broccoli, melt butter in pot and cook onions until translucent. Mix flour into butter and onions. Slowly add white cooking wine stirring constantly until it is a smooth consistency..
- Remove water from potatoes and add 8 cups to sauce. Stir in milk and bring mixture to a simmer. Slowly add American and velveeta cheese, stirring until smooth..
- Add potatoes, ham, broccoli and pepper to the mixture and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Serve with garlic toast..
Bright green broccoli florets float prettily in this hearty soup, but it's broccoli stems that do the real work. They're cooked with the potatoes and then pureed to form a creamy base. This thick and creamy broccoli, cheese and potato soup is lick-the-bowl good! As the weather is getting cooler, it's the perfect soup to warm up and leftovers are great to pack for lunch. Broccoli and ham potato soup is a little different from the one I usually make but we enjoyed it just as much.