Pot Cake. The potcake dog is a mixed-breed dog type found on several Caribbean islands. Its name comes from the congealed peas and rice mixture that local residents traditionally eat, as the overcooked rice that cakes to the bottom of the pot would be fed to the dogs. Although appearance varies, potcakes generally have smooth coats, cocked ears, and long.
As generations have passed, Potcakes have evolved into a breed which is extremely smart, loyal and loving. Potcakes are rescued from around the islands of the Turks & Caicos. Potcake Place is a dog rescue charity based in Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands. You can cook Pot Cake using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pot Cake
- Prepare 600 g of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of Sugar.
- It’s 450 g of Butter (3 sachets).
- It’s 3 tsp of Butter Scotch flavour.
- You need 3 tsp of Condensed Milk flavour.
- It’s 3 tsp of Milk Extract.
- It’s 2 of tbspoon Vanilla flavour.
- It’s 2 of tbspoon Baking powder.
- Prepare 15 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of tsb Mixed Ingredients.
- You need 2 kg of Icing Sugar.
- It’s 3 tsp of Gelatin.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Cmc.
- You need 6 of eating spoon glucose.
- You need 3 tsp of glycerin.
- You need 3 tsp of colourless flavour.
- Prepare of Colours.
- It’s of Lustre dust.
- You need of Edible spirit.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s of Crisco or Corn flour.
This varies from island to island but in the Bahamas, where they are a distinct breed, there are some. Potcake – his real name is Locksley Thompson – grew up one of ten children, five boys, five girls. The Eleuthera-heritage Thompsons were a proud, if not cash rich, lot and where they lived in. That's what this roundup is all about: Instant Pot cake recipes!
Pot Cake step by step
- In a bowl cream butter & sugar together till fluffy.
- In another bowl, break eggs, whisk properly till it forms, then add the flavours & whisk again.
- In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder & mixed ingredients.
- Add the egg mixture into the bowl of creamed butter and sugar, mix together then add your flour mixture gradually till all ingredients are well incorporated..
- Put on your oven to 180 degree Celsius, to heat for 5 mins.
- Prepare your pan, rub a little butter in your pan, sprinkle a little flour, shake round & pour out any flour residue..
- Pour your cake batter into the pan / pans & transfer into the oven, allow to bake for 30-35 mins.
- Use a tookpick or skewer to poke the cake & once it comes out clean without cake moisture sticking on it, then your cake is done…
- Remove from oven & allow to cool.
- Fondant preparation: in a bowl add your water, & sprinkle in Gelatin, allow to rest for 5mins then transfer bowl to a pot of boiling water, stir until all particles are dissolved, add glucose, glycerine, flavour & continue stirring till all the ingredients have dissolved together. Then put down & allow to cool for a minute or use immediately..
- Then add in a little icing sugar mix together, add CMC and continue to add the icing sugar till the required dough is achieved. Transfer the dough to a smooth surface already smeared with crisco or corn flour (to avoid dough sticking to the surface) & keep kneading. You can divide the fondant into two, and add your desired colours to one as you keep kneading till your required smoothness is attained..
- Then cover your cake with butter or cream icing sugar, butter, dry gin (Squad 5 preferably) together for frosting & apply on your cake, 1 to merged tiers together & secondly to cover the cakes in preparation to cover with the fondant..
- Once the cake has been covered with your fondant, you can carry out your design & finish up by applying the luster dust already mixed with edible spirit..
We've covered chocolate cakes, fruity bundt cakes, cheesecakes, lava cakes and more. With the Instant Pot, you don't even need to be good at baking. If you have trouble with all the instructions and measurements, rest assured – most of these Instant Pot cake recipes are. I made some changes to reduce overall calories. This "pot cake" is fed to the street dogs — hence the name!