Fermented Apple Water Bread. Here's a little Fruit water bread experiment that took me over two weeks (gotta be the longest it ever took me to make a loaf of bread!) – and this. Fermented apples are a traditional and medicinal food, rich in probiotics. These fermented apples have a pleasantly sweet and slightly tangy flavor.
Add some fresh cut up apple or other sugar source. Fill to top with fresh filtered water and leave on the counter at room temperature for a few hours to help If coming from the fridge, take the yeast water out several hours before you plan to mix the dough, to warm up and bring out of dormancy the yeast. I made this bread combining elements of Mr. You can cook Fermented Apple Water Bread using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fermented Apple Water Bread
- You need 1 of . 100 g day-6 fermented Apple water.
- It’s 1 of . 100 g strong flour.
- Prepare 1 of . 5g honey.
- It’s 2 of . 85g water.
- It’s 2 of . 200g strong flour.
- Prepare 2 of . 7g salt.
- It’s of 1. – prepared one night before. 2. – next day.
Hamelman's Normandy Apple Bread, and Mr. Kastel's I wanted to try mixing the final dough without water, to try and get as much apple flavor as possible The dough fermented too quickly! It's a journey that, already Water: Depending on the hardness of the water, the metals present in it and the chlorine, we can find. The result of fermented apple juice is cider, which requires the natural yeast in apples to be present for the fermentation process.
Fermented Apple Water Bread instructions
- Apple water fermentation process Day-5, my Apple water has been fermenting very well. A lot of bubbles and very active now. Then Day-6, the bobble activity has stopped. So time to bake a bread!!!!!.
- 1. – Mix the Apple water, flour and honey together, one night before..
- Next morning, 8am, a lots of bubbles, which is very good fermented starter. 2. – Replace the bobbled starter to a bowl and add the flour and salt. Combine together. No kneaded. Then add the water. Put the dough into a container with the lid. Leave it at room temperature. Preferable in a warm place, if possible. But if not, no problem, it would be taking a bit longer time to ferment..
- 2:30pm, pre-shape the dough like a smooth ball..
- 5:30pm, shape the dough like No. 4. Cover the dough in a dusted kitchen towel in a bowl. Pre-heated the oven at highest temperature. Mine is 230C and reach the highest temp is taking 30 minutes..
- 6pm, place the dough in the dish, lid on. And put it into the oven and bake 20 minutes with lid and 10 minutes without lid. I recommend taking out the dough from the dish and bake it naked until browned. (maybe total 35 to 45 mts, depending on the size of the bread). No worry if you baked too much..
- It sounds taking a long time to bake a bread. But the sourdough bread is so delicious compare to the yaested bread (my opinion). My sourdough breads – right, Apple water one and left, le vain one. Actually I left my le vain one in the oven too long, burnt on the top, but still taste soooo good!.
- You can prepare the starter on Friday night and bake on Saturday. No problem that you leave the bread for a couple of days. Amazingly the taste is still good..
Cider is simply fresh pressed apples but cider takes on different meanings depending on where you are in the world. For Americans, cider is a sweet. Kombucha Vs Apple Cider Vinegar – Which Fermented Drink Is The Best. · Craving homemade, crusty, chewy sourdough bread, but don't have a sourdough starter culture to bake with? This delicious, healthy apple chutney is preserved by fermenting with cider vinegar or kombucha. It is a naturally sweet, spicy and tangy condiment.