Chicken Souvlaki Wrap/Roll With Tzatziki Sauce. Chicken souvlaki is another word for seasoned Greek kabobs and they make a nice appetizer when dipped into homemade tzatziki sauce. For the sauce, I would add a step, after grating the seeded cucumber wrap in a paper towel and give it a good squeeze to draw out the extra moisture. #Greek #Chicken #Souvlaki Souvlaki is a popular Greek fast food consisting of small pieces of chicken/beef/lamb and sometimes vegetables grilled on a skewer. Chicken Souvlaki features the fresh-tasting combination of lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil that is so prevalent in Greek cuisine.
Chicken Souvlaki – Made with chicken marinated in lemon, garlic and oregano, it's so easy to make this Greek Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki. I wrapped up the flatbreads to keep them warm and settled back down at my Mac. To prepare this chicken souvlaki recipe, start by preparing the marinade. You can cook Chicken Souvlaki Wrap/Roll With Tzatziki Sauce using 26 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Souvlaki Wrap/Roll With Tzatziki Sauce
- It’s of For the Souvlaki Marinade:.
- It’s 10 of Garlic cloves (peeled).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Dried oregano.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Dried Rosemary.
- You need 1 Tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Dry white wine or red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon.
- It’s 1 of Large Bay Leaf (crushed).
- You need of For the Grilled Chicken:.
- It’s 1 kg of boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs (fat removed & cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces).
- It’s As required of Oil for brushing the Grill plates.
- You need of For the wrap & toppings:.
- It’s 6 of Greek pita bread.
- You need As required of Tzatziki Sauce (recipe below).
- You need 1 of Each Red, Orange & Yellow Bell Peppers (sliced).
- Prepare 1 of Tomato (sliced).
- Prepare 1 of Red onions (sliced).
- You need of For the Tzatziki Sauce:.
- It’s 1 of English Cucumber (Grated).
- You need 2 Cups of Greek Yogurt or Hung Curd.
- It’s 6 of Garlic cloves (Peeled & Minced).
- It’s 1 handful of Fresh Mint Leaves (Finely Chopped).
- You need 1 Tsp of Salt/As per taste.
In the meantime prepare the tzatziki sauce for the chicken. Gyros with Greek Chicken, Tzatziki and Homemade Greek Pita Flatbread – These are loaded with fresh and exciting flavors. Bland doesn't exist in this wrap, which is one of my favorite things about it. Spicy chicken, bright crunchy salad and a creamy dressing all wrapped up in soft, bready deliciousness.
Chicken Souvlaki Wrap/Roll With Tzatziki Sauce step by step
- Remove fat from the edges of the Chicken. Cut into small 1.5 inch cubes. Wash the Chicken throughly under running water in a colander. Shake off the excess water. Set aside. Slice the Bell Peppers & the Onion thinly. Set aside..
- To make the chicken: Place the garlic, oregano, rosemary, crushed bay leaves, paprika, salt, pepper, olive oil, white wine/red wine vinegar and lemon juice. Pulse until well combined..
- Combine the chicken & the marinade in a large bowl. Toss to coat making sure chicken is well-coated with the marinade..
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight..
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 to 45 minutes or so..
- Prepare the Tzatziki Sauce and the other toppings in the mean time..
- When ready, thread the marinated chicken pieces through the prepared skewers..
- Cook on a preheated Indoor Electric Grill/Outdoor Grill or Grill Pan. Turn the skewers evenly to cook on all sides, about 5 minutes total. (Adjust temperature of grill if necessary). While grilling, brush lightly with the marinade (then discard any leftover marinade)..
- Transfer the chicken to serving platter and let rest for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grill the pita bread and keep warm..
- To make the Tzatziki Sauce: Grate the English Cucumber. Squeeze out the juice completely. It should be absolutely dry. Add the Greek Yogurt/hung curd followed by the salt, minced garlic & chopped mint. Stir well. Cover tightly. Refrigerate. Use as required..
- To assemble the Chicken Souvlaki Wraps: Spread Tzatziki Sauce on the warm Pita. Add the grilled chicken pieces (take them off skewers first, of course) then add the veggies..
- Serve with Tzatziki Sauce on the side..
Whilst the chicken is marinating, make the tzatziki. Take your cucumber, peel it then slice it in half Add a little of the salad to and a good spoon full of the tzatziki. Make your dining room feel like an authentic Greek taverna with this healthy marinated chicken souvlaki recipe with cucumber-rich tzatziki yogurt sauce. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Tzatziki Sauce is a versatile condiment that will make all of your Mediterranean recipes better!