Lentil soup. Don't settle for bland Lentil Soup! Make it right and you'll have everyone begging for seconds….and thirds… This lentil recipe is one of the best nourishing, simple dishes you can make with dried lentils. Lentil soup is a culinary wonder.
Paprika gives this healthy soup a tasty Hungarian twist. Mushroom and Lentil Soup – Everyday Food with Sarah Carey. Lentils are coupled with vegetables for this family-friendly lentil soup. You can cook Lentil soup using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lentil soup
- It’s 1.5 cup of green lentil.
- You need 1 quart of broth.
- It’s 1 of medium Vidalia onion.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of small fresh pablano.
- Prepare 3 of small jalapeños.
- You need 2 of cayenne peppers.
- You need 3 of medium red potatoes.
- You need 2 of medium turnips.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- Prepare of balsamic vinegar.
- You need of juice of 1 lime.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 4 TSP of fresh oregano.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of turnip greens.
Topped with spinach and a splash of vinegar, this is the perfect weekday dinner. This is the BEST lentil soup recipe!! It's full of amazing lemony flavor, it's naturally healthy and vegan and gluten-free, it's quick and easy to make, and SO delicious. This is the best lentil soup plus prep is quick and it's so easy to make!
Lentil soup step by step
- Chop onion and add to hot pan with EVOO and oregano. Sweat down and add hot peppers and garlic..
- Add a little stock and cook through.
- Separately cut potatoes and turnips into cubes. Soak in water 20 min to cut starch.
- In separate pot, add lentils, rinse through and pour out water. Then add 3 cups water and heat to boil. Turn off heat and set aside..
- Once base is ready add more stock, drain and add potatoes and turnips. You can use vegan or chicken stock..
- Once everything is in pot, add the turnip green and leave to simmer for 1.5 hours..
- Add cream and cook for another 1/2 hour. Add water as needed if it cooks down to much. You can skip cream if you are vegan..
- You can cut anything you don't like, like hot pepperd etc. Serve delicious soup!.
It's packed with fresh veggies, zesty Italian flavors and plenty of protein rich lentils. This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible! Lentil Soup, My Favorite Way to Prepare This Little Legume. My fondness for lentils has definitely These days, my favorite way to use lentils is in making a delicious lentil soup. Lentils are protein-rich and make for great soups, which are so perfect for chilly winter nights.