Persian Love Cakes. This best-ever Persian Love Cake gets flavor from rose water, cardamom, almond flour and more. Get the recipe from Food & Wine. You're going to fall in love with this Persian Love Cake!!!
This recipe, however, I cannot take credit for. It is from Gourmet Traveller (link below). Persian Love Cake – Cake Lab. You can have Persian Love Cakes using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Persian Love Cakes
- You need 180 Grams of Almond meal.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 60 Grams of Butter , unsalted.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Egg , lightly beaten.
- Prepare 125 Grams of yoghurt Greek.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Nutmeg , ground.
- You need 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Pistachios , chopped.
- It’s 180 Millilitres of Water.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon quill.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Rosewater essence.
- Prepare of Pistachios , chopped.
Persian love cakes from Ottolenghi & Go's book "Sweet". Citrus and gentle spices make this delicious cake unforgettable. Topped with icing and baked in a Exotic, fragrant, beautiful – what's not to love about this luxurious cake? Persian Love Cake – made with almond meal and Greek yogurt, this gluten free cake is almost like a Middle Eastern cheesecake, with a hint of nutmeg and cinnamon.
Persian Love Cakes instructions
- To make Persian love cakes, preheat oven to 180C. Grease four holes of a muffin pan (125ml capacity). Line bases with baking paper..
- Process almond meal, sugars, butter and salt until combined..
- Remove half the mixture and divide among prepared pan holes. Press down over base..
- Add egg and yoghurt to remaining almond meal mixture. Stir until well combined. Pour over base in pan holes. Sprinkle with pistachios..
- Bake for 30 minutes or until firm to touch. Cool 5 minutes in pans. Loosen edges with a greased knife. Turn out on to a wire rack to cool..
- To make rosewater syrup, stir sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Add cinnamon quill. Simmer for about a further 10 minutes or until thick and syrupy. Remove from heat. Stir in rosewater essence. Cool..
- To serve, decorate with a pistachio. Drizzle with syrup..
Persian Love Cake is a guest recipe by Yasmin Khan so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. Persian love cake is moist, spongy and will enchant you with its exotic flavors of rose, cardamom and saffron. Luxuriously packed with almonds and sprinkled with pistachios, it is so easy to make! Persian love cake is full of amazing flavors. You'll fall in love with the notes of cardamom, rose and saffron in this classic Persian dessert.