Apple Spice Cake with Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce. This is the easiest cake you'll ever make! Who knew you could make cake in your microwave?! Buy the RockCrok and other great kitchen tools at.
Whoever thought of putting caramel and apples together was a flavor genius. I just love the sweet and salty complexity a good homemade. Apple Cider Spice Cake is perfectly moist and delicious with a luxurious salted caramel frosting topped with a drizzle of salted caramel sauce. You can have Apple Spice Cake with Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Spice Cake with Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- You need 1 box of Spiced Cake Mix.
- You need 2 medium of to Large Apples.
- You need 1 can of Sweetened Milk.
- You need 1 tub of Whipped Topping.
- It’s of Salted Caramel.
- It’s 1 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Salted Butter, Cut into Chunks.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
This showstopping three layered Apple Cider Spice Cake was my latest baking project. Each layer is soft, fluffy and brimming with apple cider and spices. These apple spice cupcakes are incredibly moist like banana bread, soft and fluffy like a muffin, rich and decadent like chocolate cake. Apples and caramel are a classic fall flavor combination and I baked today's cupcakes as an excuse to make salted caramel frosting.
Apple Spice Cake with Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce instructions
- Preheat the oven to the box directions. Prepare the cake mix according to directions. Coring and slicing the apples, mixing them in with the cake mix. Bake until knife comes out clean..
- While the cake is cooking, prepare the Caramel sauce. In a saucepan, pour 1 cup of sugar on MEDIUM heat until it is completely melted. It will start to brown, make sure you continue to stir so it doesn't burn..
- Put in the cut up chunks of butter, CAREFUL — the butter makes the mixture very bubbly. Once the butter is completely melted, slowly pour in the heavy cream, it will start to rise. Allow it to boil for 1 minute..
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt. Set aside..
- Once the cake comes out, poke holes in it, and pour the entire can of Sweetened milk over the cake. Pour the caramel over the cake, (leaving a little to drizzle over the top — optional) using a rubber spatula, push the caramel and milk around the top of the cake, making sure its completely covered..
- Once the cake is COMPLETELY cooled down, top it with the whipped topping, drizzling the remainder of the caramel on top. Serve as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!.
Apple Spice Streusel Cake with Salted Caramel Drizzle. Remove from the heat, and let cool slightly before serving. Keep refrigerated up to one week after you make it. Spiced Pear Bundt Cake With A Brandy Vanilla Glaze. Sweet Lime Cupcakes With Raspberry Frosting.