Vegan French Onion Soup 🌱 (& vegan garlic bread 🥖). Vegan French onion soup is hearty and elegant, and surprisingly easy to make. This is my vegan twist on classic French onion soup, the main difference being that I use vegetable stock instead of beef stock. With just six ingredients and a little (hands-off) patience while the onions caramelize.
The broth is just so flavorful and delicious, the toasted. This simple, flavorful onion soup will delight your taste buds. Buck tradition and keep the soup vegan with a topping of toasted whole wheat bread and. You can have Vegan French Onion Soup 🌱 (& vegan garlic bread 🥖) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan French Onion Soup 🌱 (& vegan garlic bread 🥖)
- It’s 5 of medium onions – red and brown (organic if possible).
- You need 3 cloves of garlic (2 for the garlic bread).
- You need 1-3 of organic french onion stock cube (or vegetable stock).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 of couple of splashes of vegan beer.
- It’s 2 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 sprig of thyme.
- You need 1 sprig of Rosemary.
- You need 1 pinch of seasalt.
- It’s 1 of good pinch of white pepper.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of vegan butter.
- It’s 1 of baguette.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of vegan Cheddar 🧀.
- You need of Chopped parsley or seasonal herbs (optional).
This Vegan French Onion Soup is comfort food at its finest. Tender onions are simmered in a savory broth, topped with cheesy toast, and baked to This Vegan French Onion Soup is a sneak-peek recipe from my brand new cookbook, Weeknight One-Pot Vegan Cooking. Be sure to check it out for. Caramelized onions simmered with herbs and red wine go into this savory vegan French onion soup that's served with toasty croutons topped with gooey cashew cheese.
Vegan French Onion Soup 🌱 (& vegan garlic bread 🥖) step by step
- Chop the onions into rings. Add a splash of oil to the pan and cook the onions on a high heat for 2 or 3 minutes. Reduce the heat and put on lid. Cook until the onions start to soften. Add a splash of beer or a sprinkle of sugar to help them to caramelise. Cook until very soft, this will take at least 30 minutes, possibly longer. Don’t be tempted to rush this step or you won’t get the depth of flavour..
- Add 1 clove of chopped or crushed garlic, the bay leaf, Rosemary and Thyme. Cook for a further few minutes. Mix the stock cube with boiling water and allow to dissolve. Add to the pan and cook for around another 30 minutes. Season to your taste..
- Crush the remaining garlic and mix with the butter. Slice the baguette. Spread each section with garlic butter, wrap in tin foil and bake until crispy..
- Place a ladel of soup into the bowl. Top with a garlic bread crouton, sprinkle with vegan cheese and grill until it bubbles. Sprinkle with fresh seasonal herbs if you are using. Enjoy 😋.
There was a time when I thought this couldn't be done, or at least it couldn't be done well and without the use of store-bought vegan. This vegan French onion soup is easy and tastes surprisingly fabulous, especially when finished with a slice of sourdough toast and hot broiled cheese. Vegan French Onion Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. French onion soup is a classic and gets its flavor from deeply caramelized onions. This vegan French onion soup recipe has every bit of the flavor, with only a fraction of the fat.