French Onion Soup with French Brie Croutons. I don't make onion soup at home partly because I lack the flameproof bowls that chefs And what's the point of making onion soup without the elastic cap of gooey Gruyère? Float the broiled bread over the surface of the hot soup. Layer the cheese slices over the.
With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Brush both sides of the French bread or baguette slices lightly with olive oil (you'll end up using about a tablespoon and a half of. Portion the soup into serving bowls and top with some toasted bagel bread pudding croutons. Divide the soup between individual heatproof bowls then scatter over the croutons. You can have French Onion Soup with French Brie Croutons using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of French Onion Soup with French Brie Croutons
- Prepare 6 of large white onions.
- It’s 1 of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable stock.
- You need 1 of beef stock.
- You need 1 tsp of parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of All purpose Seasoning.
- You need of Salt n Pepper.
- It’s of French Brie.
- It’s 1 of french Baguette cooked.
Slice the Brie into fairly thin slices (work quickly so it doesn't start to melt) and lay them on. This is an easy french onion soup recipe (with croutons) that you can make for a delicious appetizer, or a satisfying lunch. In this video Jamie starts out. Don't be tempted to rush frying the onions – giving them time to caramelise is what gives the soup its delicious flavour.
French Onion Soup with French Brie Croutons step by step
- Chop the onions into even Strips and place into a large pan with a little oil..
- Once the onions are browned add the stocks and keep stirring until there dissolved..
- Cover the onion with boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes. Add extra water for the soup as this reduces down over time..
- Add all herbs and spices to the soup. Cook a further 15-20 minutes on low heat..
- Cut the french Brie into even sized pieces and place a piece of French brie on the top. Pop under the grill for a few minutes and add to the soup once cooked. Enjoy.
Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the toasted bread. Add the cheese on top of the bread and grill until bubbling and golden-brown. A slice of French bread layered with three varieties of cheese is broiled on top of this decadent but simple french onion soup. For the croutons, take a large wine-glass and press into a slice of thick bread to get the perfect circle for your soup bowl. Learn how to make delicious French onion soup with this classic recipe.