Homemade French Onion Soup. A classic french onion soup recipe absolutely must have caramelized onions. But Finding one that give you the how and why, is few and far to come. Look, French Onion Soup a challenging soup to eat: chunks of chewy cheese and soggy bread floating on top.but it's supposed to be that way.
This french onion soup mix replaces the store bough version with a simple recipe of onion flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt & pepper. In high school, I discovered my love of onions, but the closest we could get to having them at home was dried french onion soup mix. French onion soup is a bistro classic, the most homey and delicious example of good café cooking. You can have Homemade French Onion Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade French Onion Soup
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 4 cups of Beef Broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of or 2 sprigs Thyme.
- It’s of Mozzarella Cheese.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper.
But only a handful of frugal ingredients make up this restaurant favorite. Onions, broth, salt, and butter mingle in a slow magic that transforms them into a wildly luxurious bowl of silky onions and dark broth. My favorite homemade French onion soup recipe that's easy to make and full of the richest caramelized onion flavors. However its made, French onion soup is a classic and will forever remain one of my all-time favorite comfort foods.
Homemade French Onion Soup instructions
- Chop onions, and combine butter and oil. Put into slow cooker on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours. 1 1/2 pounds is around 5 small onions or 3 large onions..
- Once onions are soft and are slightly brown, put in 4 cups beef broth, balsamic vinegar, and thyme. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or 6 hours on low..
- Serve in bowl and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top..
- Serve hot and enjoy!!.
So if you're looking for a well-tested recipe to add to. Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! Homemade French Onion Soup is a labor of love – or is it selfishness? Because I could selfishly eat the entire pot 😉 !