Spice Layer Cake with Whipped Cream Apple Butter Frosting / Filling. Apple butter and sour cream make this cake sweet and tangy. Perfect for potluck or church socials – no messy frosting. Soft, moist, tender and slightly dense with a perfectly spiced and crunchy topping/filling.
Each bite was spiced apple heaven. Combined with cream cheese frosting, and topped My cake is filled and frosted with cream cheese frosting but brown butter buttercream would also taste amazing! No frosting necessary as this spice cake is delicious on its own. You can cook Spice Layer Cake with Whipped Cream Apple Butter Frosting / Filling using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spice Layer Cake with Whipped Cream Apple Butter Frosting / Filling
- Prepare of FOR SPICE CAKE.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground allspice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 8 oz of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare of FROSTING AND FILLING.
- You need 1 of recipe Whipped Cream Apple Butter Cream Cheese Frosting / filling.
- It’s of GARNISH.
- Prepare of mixed nuts to decorate top of cake. I used ca shews, almonds and pistachios.
This Apple Crisp Cake pairs spice cake layers with a delicious homemade apple pie filling and apple crisp Make the most of apple season! This Apple Crisp Cake pairs spice cake layers with a delicious I just tweaked your brown butter cake for high altitude. I post a comment on that recipe link. This Apple Spice Cake is an incredibly moist and delicious cake.
Spice Layer Cake with Whipped Cream Apple Butter Frosting / Filling step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 3 – 8 inch pans with bakers spray.
- Whisk flour, cornstarch,baking powder, salt and all spices in a bowl.
- Beat butter and light brown sugar until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time beating after each egg, add vanilla. Then alternate flour mixture with buttermilk and beat until just smooth.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared pans, smooth tops and bake 15 to 23 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool on rak 10 minutes then remove from pans and cool completely.
- Place one layer of cake, bottom up on serving plate.
- Frost with some of the Whipped Cream Apple Butter Cream Cheese Frosting / Filling, attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/352869-whipped-cream-apple-butter-cream-cheese-frosting-filling.
- Place second layer of cake on frosted first level bottom side up and frost it.
- Place third last layer, top side up and frost entire cake.
- Garnish cake with the cashews, almonds and pistachios. Chill cake at least 1 hour for easier cutting.
And those flavors are just exactly Place the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat The frosting for this apple cake will work with that cake as well. It can be made as a one-layer cake. While the cake is cooling, make the spiced whipped cream. Place a large metal bowl and a whisk in the freezer until both are very cold.