old school butter pound cake. This cake will get you raves wherever you bring it. The pound cake is so buttery and moist. This recipe is a simple, classic pound cake.
I put off making it but it turned out great. Old School Butter Pound CakeJust a Pinch. The pound cake is so buttery and moist. You can have old school butter pound cake using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of old school butter pound cake
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of cake flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 3 sticks of unsalted butter room temperature.
- It’s 8 ounces of cream cheese room temperature.
- You need 3 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 6 of large eggs.
This recipe is a simple, classic pound cake. Cut yourself a slice alongside a cup of tea. · This Old Fashioned Pound Cake recipe is one my mother made often throughout my childhood. Dense and buttery, this traditional pound cake is the perfect blank canvas. This lemon butter pound cake is super-moist and dense.
old school butter pound cake instructions
- Beat butter and cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until mixture comes together. Add sugar,salt and extract beat until light and fluffy..
- Reduce speed to Lowest. Add eggs one at a time alternating with flours one half cup at a time until all eggs and flour are used..
- Transfer to a buttered oil and flour 10 cup shaped pan such as a bundt pan. Place in cold oven heat oven to 325 degrees bake until a inserted tester comes out clean, about one and a half hours..
- To remove cake from pan let cool on wire rack..
It's not for those watching calories! It's a great comfort food and goes especially well with vanilla ice cream. This is a tangy variation of an old recipe. Blueberry pound cake with the added spark of lemon. I am not really a dessert type of girl, BUT there are two cakes that I can eat all day.