Sausage Soup. This soup is easy to put together, and the flavor of the spicy sausage is balanced nicely by Great Northern beans, zucchini, fresh spinach, and carrots. This is a copycat version of the amazingly comforting Carrabba's lentil and sausage soup and it really delivers. See more ideas about Sausage soup, Soup recipes, Cooking recipes.
Italian sausage, potatoes, and a flavorful broth make a tasty and filling meal. I've made this soup twice so far, and it makes excellent. Sausage Soup is a simple soup to make, but not a simple soup in taste! You can cook Sausage Soup using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage Soup
- It’s 2 lb of Italian sausage (1 lb. mild & 1 lb. hot).
- It’s 1 large of yellow onion (chopped).
- You need 1/2 bunch of celery (chopped).
- It’s 8 clove of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 of 28 oz. can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 5 of roma tomatoes (diced).
- You need 1 of 32 oz. box of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of fresh oregano (chopped).
- It’s 2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of fresh thyme (chopped).
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- It’s 1/2 lb of small soup shells.
- Prepare 1 of parmesan or romano cheese for garnish.
It is thick and creamy, and But, Sausage Soup is loaded with Italian sausage that makes this soup more of a main event rather. This hearty soup is packed with robust, bold flavors and guaranteed to become your new favorite cozy meal to keep you warm all season long! Made for Instant Pot or stove, sausage soup is a breeze for beginners and satisfies the whole family! Delicious Italian Sausage Soup with Orzo is our new favorite.
Sausage Soup instructions
- remove sausage from casings.
- chop onion, celery, roma tomatoes, oregano, and thyme.
- mince garlic.
- heat olive oil in large soup pot.
- crumble sausage into pot, and cookutil no longer pink.
- add onions, celery, tomatoes, chicken broth, mix well and add oregano, basil, and thyme and bring to a boil.
- reduce heat and simmer for thirty minutes.
- after thirty minutes, add shells and cook until done, about 15 minutes.
- cook garlic bread to serve with meal and enjoy.
This Sausage Soup is already a household favorite. Tomato Soup is an all-time favorite and I make it very frequently. Tasty & filling soup with a very subtle aniseed flavor. I omitted the olives as I don't care for them and added a little salt to make up for their absence. When you don't know what's for dinner but it needs to be comforting, we suggest this soup..