Chicken Minestrone Soup. Minestrone soup with chicken is an easy way to take a soup that is classically all vegetables and add some extra staying power with tender, juicy chicken. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! Minestrone soup is an Italian classic!
Although I love classic Minestrone, I always feel like it's missing something. Minestrone soup reminds me of Summer — counter-intuitive, I know, but it's chock-full of Summer vegetables. And this healthy low carb chicken minestrone soup is full of Summer's bounty, too. You can cook Chicken Minestrone Soup using 28 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Minestrone Soup
- It’s of Step one.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of each chopped onion.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 stalks of chopped celery.
- It’s 1 of each chopped carrots.
- It’s of Step two.
- It’s 1/2 of dry pint Cherry tomatoes-diced or 1 -14. 5 ounce can of diced.
- It’s 1/2 of habanero pepper finely chopped (optional… we like it spicy:).
- You need 1/4 of red bell pepper-small dice.
- You need 1/4 of yellow bell pepper small dice.
- It’s 4 ounces of diced cooked chicken.
- You need 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of each potato -small diced.
- You need 2 quarts of chicken broth (stock).
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare Pinch of thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dry basil.
- It’s of Step three.
- It’s 1 cup of elbow macaroni.
- You need 1 can of (14 ouces +/-) white kidney beans.
- You need 1 cup of broccoli florets.
- It’s 1/2 cup of small cauliflower florets.
- You need 3-4 of asparagus stalks cut thinly on a bias.
- It’s 1 of scallion cut on a bias –added as 2 minutes before the soup is done.
The Italian word minestrone means big soup, and countless variations of the bean-and-vegetable soup are big in American kitchens. Minestrone (/ˌmɪnɪsˈtroʊni/; Italian: [mineˈstroːne]) is a thick soup of Italian origin made with vegetables, often with the addition of pasta or rice, sometimes both. Minestrone Soup – the best chunky soup in the world! Filled to the brim with vegetables, pasta Vegetarian option – skip the bacon, use vegetable rather than chicken stock.
Chicken Minestrone Soup instructions
- In a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, garlic and carrots; sauté for 4 minutes..
- Add tomatoes, peppers, diced chicken, tomato paste, potato, chicken broth, parsley, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and basil to the pot. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes until vegetables are barely tender..
- Add the macaroni,white kidney beans broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus and simmer for 15 minutes more. Adjust as needed seasoning..
- Add the scallions 2 minutes before the soup is done..
This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible! This soup will thicken in the refrigerator as the residual heat of the broth continues to cook the vegetables and they release their starches, so stir in another splash of broth. Add the diced and crushed tomatoes and the chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil. Chicken Minestrone Soup recipe: Try this Chicken Minestrone Soup recipe, or contribute your own. In soup pot, saute chicken in oil.