Cream of tomato soup. This Cream of Tomato Soup Recipe is the perfect tomato soup recipe using fresh tomatoes. Savor Ina Garten's pureed Cream of Fresh Tomato Soup recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network using fresh vine-ripe tomatoes, rich cream and fresh basil. My wife suggested cream of tomato soup and this was my first experience making it.
This grownup, creamy (and dreamy) tomato soup can easily be doubled to feed a larger group—and makes for great leftovers. Also, cream cheese or sour cream works better because of the extra acidity, especially when using sweeter tomatoes like the Bianco Dinapoli cans. Nothing is simpler or more classic than opening up a can of cream of tomato soup for lunch. You can cook Cream of tomato soup using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cream of tomato soup
- You need 20 mls of refined oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion sliced.
- You need 20 gms of carrot sliced.
- Prepare 20 gms of celery sliced.
- Prepare 10 gms of refined flour.
- You need 300 mls of vegetable stock.
- You need 200 gms of fresh tomato chopped.
- It’s 1-2 of basil leaves.
- It’s 20 gms of butter.
- It’s 1/2 piece of bayleaf.
- You need 1 gms of thyme.
- You need 1 gms of pepper corn.
- You need 3-4 of parsley stems.
- It’s 1 of muslin clothe.
- Prepare of For garnish.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cooking cream.
- Prepare 1 slice of white bread slice, cut into cruotons.
So if you're going to make a homemade version, it had better be worth the extra bother. This recipe most decidedly is, although it's really not that much more work. Fresh Tomato Soup with Crispy Cheese Toast – Food Wishes. Authentic Italian Tomato Soup – A Delicious Versatile Soup Recipe from bakeyourwaykitchen!
Cream of tomato soup step by step
- Melt butter in a sauce pan till it creates white forth.
- Add refined flour&mix well&cook till white but cooked, remove it&keep aside.
- Heat oil in sauce pan, add sliced carrot, celery&onion, saute till transparent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, add salt& cover the pan& cook for 10-15 minutes till soft.
- Add stock, Bouquet garni, seasoning&roux, whisk well to mix the roux into liquid.
- Check the seasoning if thick enough and taste well starin the soup in fresh bowl.
- Add basil leaves, cover the pan& keep aside to spread the basil flavour throughout.
- Remove the crust from bread sliced, cut the sliced into 1 inch.
- Toast under salamander or deep fry till golden brown.
- Pour 150mls into soup bowl, add cooking cream and bread sliced.
Cream of tomato soup is still cooked the same way as traditional tomato soup by blending but the cream adds a thickness and richness to the taste and texture. If you've made too much soup, or you've made some in bulk you'll be glad to know that you can store it in the freezer. This creamy homemade tomato soup recipe using tinned tomatoes is quick and easy to make. Pair it with delicious basil topped cheese on toast. Once the soup is ready, run a hand blender through it and stir in the double/heavy cream.