Stuffed Pepper Soup. Browse Our Fast And Easy Delicious Recipes Collection. Some of the cooks at the restaurant where I work were talking about stuffed pepper soup. We decided to stir up similar ingredients for a stuffed pepper soup recipe.
This soup has everything you like about a classic stuffed pepper—ground beef, rice, tomatoes, and CHEESE. It's warm and inviting filled with bell peppers and rice. Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. You can cook Stuffed Pepper Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Pepper Soup
- It’s 1 package (6 links) of Italian turkey sausage.
- You need 1 package of (1-1.5 pound) of lean ground beef.
- You need 4 cups of beef stock.
- It’s 1 jar of marinara sauce.
- Prepare 1 can (15 ounce) of chopped tomatoes flavored with basil, garlic, and oregano.
- It’s 8 ounces of chopped onion.
- You need 4 ounces of celery.
- Prepare 4 ounces of chopped carrot.
- You need 8 ounces of chopped green bell pepper.
- You need of Fresh parsley, garlic paste, Italian herbs.
We tried stuffed pepper soup just the other day for the first time and knew I had to come to allrecipes.com to find a recipe. I made a few changes to make it soupier. Also, when I make stuffed peppers I use Italian herbs. If your family loves stuffed peppers, they will love this soup.
Stuffed Pepper Soup step by step
- In the insta-pot sauté the mirepoix for a few minutes while you remove the casings from the sausage links. Add the meat in and then use a meat chopper, keep stirring and chopping to ensure it is broken up well and evenly distributed.
- Add in green pepper, beef stock, marinara sauce.
- Add in chopped tomatoes, Italian herbs, and garlic paste. I’m not big into measuring but I used about a tbsp of the fresh herbs and 1 1/2 tbsp of the paste. I’m a big fan of these herbs you can easily find them in the produce section and they keep well..
- Turn the sauté off and switch the insta-pot to pressure. Cook 20-30 minutes. Serve with rice or warm garlic bread..
Serve it with freshly baked cornbread, crusty rolls or crackers. Adding a tossed salad would make it a nice, hearty dinnertime meal or serve it as a lunch soup with a half sandwich. And the rice in this soup gives it such a great texture and adds some body to it to keep it filling. It's the lazy way of making stuffed peppers and one of my go-to soup recipes. Made with ground beef, green bell peppers, and diced tomatoes, this comforting recipe simmers all day in the slow cooker, so it's ready for dinner when you get home.