Tomato soup with feta cheese topping. Creamy tomato soup with basil and rich, savory feta cheese. Forget the grilled cheese, I can have it on its own or occasionally accompany it with some freshly baked crusty bread. This Easy Tomato Feta Soup Recipe is bursting with Mediterranean.
Thin the soup with additional tomato juice (no salt added). Top with a shake of hot sauce Definitely always loved tomato soup with grilled cheese as a childhood Sunday night supper before or after evening church. (TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE) Shrimp nestled in a Greek-spiced tomato sauce, topped with chunks of feta, and then baked until golden. Before serving, you flash the pan under the broiler to brown the cheese and sprinkle the whole lovely dish with fresh mint. You can cook Tomato soup with feta cheese topping using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato soup with feta cheese topping
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of of garlic.
- It’s 4 of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 3/4 can of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need 1/2 bunch of fresh basil.
- You need 1/3 bunch of oregano.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper.
- It’s 1/3 pints of vegetable stock.
- Prepare of extra taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of white wine.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ajvar relish.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sambal oelek.
- It’s of topping.
- Prepare 1 can of creme fraiche.
- It’s 1/2 box of feta cheese.
It's a great alternative to tomato soup which, lets face it, while comforting and simple can be SO boring. Except for if you have a grilled cheese sandwich on the side…. The feta and bacon are major salt bringers so it's better to have a slightly under-seasoned soup and save that job for the toppings. Everyone knows grilled cheese is tomato soup's best friend, but next time you make our classic tomato soup, try topping with one of these flavorful ideas.
Tomato soup with feta cheese topping instructions
- Chop the onion and let it sizzle in a pot with butter or Olive oil.
- Chop the garlic and the tomatoes and put it in with the onion. Let it sizzle..
- Pour the crushed tomatoes in the pot. Season with the herb and the stock. Let it boil for 5 minutes..
- Mix the creme fraiche and feta cheese with a fork. Put it in the fridge..
- Mix the soup with a rod mixer and put it on the stove again..
- Taste the soup. Does it need more salt for example?.
- Let it simmer för another 5 minutes..
- Put the cream in your bowl of soup. Left over basil and oregano? Sprinkle it over your soup!.
A cold pasta salad with orzo, green olives, feta cheese, parsley, dill, tomato, olive oil, and lemon juice. Reviews for: Photos of Orzo and Tomato Salad with Feta Cheese. We came to love a certain baked feta appetizer, prepared in different ways but always delicious: melty, gooey feta in a tomato sauce, sometimes with onions or red peppers, sprinkled with a few herbs. It makes a comforting supper or starter. Spoon the soup into two bowls and top with the slices of cheesy Marmite toast.