Minestrone Soup. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and.
I hope you enjoy this Minestrone Soup Recipe! Minestrone Soup – the best chunky soup in the world! Minestrone Soup is the sort of soup that keeps life interesting – it's filled to the brim with a variety of vegetables, potato, beans and pasta, in a. You can cook Minestrone Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Minestrone Soup
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of large rib celery, sliced.
- It’s 1 of medium carrot, diced.
- You need 2 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 32 oz of diced tomatoes (2 cans).
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 5 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 can of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 can of cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ditalini pasta.
- It’s 1 of medium zucchini, sliced.
- It’s 1-2 cups of baby spinach.
- You need to taste of Kosher salt and pepper.
Vegetarian minestrone soup packed with veggies like celery, carrots, green beans and spinach and simmered in a flavorful, Italian seasoned tomato broth. The minestrone soup I've been serving for years began as Ina Garten's Winter Minestrone soup, but since I can't help but tinker with a recipe, it has since morphed into my own. Cook up a pot of Ellie Krieger's healthy Minestrone Soup from Food Network, loaded with fresh veggies, pasta and herbs. Minestrone Soup Variations Swap the spinach for Swiss chard or baby kale.
Minestrone Soup step by step
- Heat olive oil in a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Saute several minutes until vegetables are softened..
- Add basil, oregano, and thyme. Saute for additional minute..
- Add diced tomatoes, bay leaf, chicken broth, kidney beans, and cannellini beans..
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes..
- Stir in dry pasta and zucchini, and cook for an additional 10 minutes until pasta is al dente. Add spinach and wilt for 1 minute..
- Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Can be served immediately or kept covered in the fridge for a few days..
To keep this low-carb, omit the pasta, you honestly won't miss it with everything else in this soup. Minestrone soup is so hearty it can stand on its own as the main dish! I fell in love with minestrone at the Olive Garden, so this is a pretty darn close attempt at copying the classic Italian soup. Minestrone soup cooks in one pot with a vegetable broth tomato base and then loaded with fresh vegetables, beans, and tender small shell pasta. This is honestly the best Minestrone Soup!