Rich Traditional Christmas Plum Cake. What excites us most about winters are the festivities in the air. Christmas is almost here and people across the world are gearing up for the merry celebrations, followed by the big night of New Year's eve. Indian Plum cake Recipe Rich, moist, totally decadent, boozy Christmas fruit cake.
I felt a Traditional richness in every bite. I took of this plum cake. How to prepare fruits Traditional Christmas Plum Cake / Fruit Cake. You can cook Rich Traditional Christmas Plum Cake using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rich Traditional Christmas Plum Cake
- You need 1 cup of Dry fruits.
- Prepare 1 – 2 tablespoons of orange peel.
- You need 4 – 5 numbers of strawberry glaced or fresh.
- You need 4 numbers of eggs.
- You need 2 cups of maida plain flour /.
- You need 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 – 2 teaspoons of vanilla vanilla essence essence.
- You need 1 cup of sugar powdered.
- It’s 1 number of orange zest.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar caramel for.
- Prepare 3/4 of water cuo.
- You need 200 grams of butter soften.
- Prepare 4 – 5 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground spices.
Traditional Christmas Plum Cake / Fruit cake preparation is something I look forward to every year, and enjoy all the activities that goes into the preparation; right from the soaking, mixing of dry fruits, the elaborate baking procedures, the enchanting aroma that fills the entire house, the cutting of Christmas cake amidst all cheers and joy and. Christmas Plum Cake Recipe, Learn how to make Christmas Plum Cake (absolutely delicious recipe of Christmas Plum Cake ingredients and cooking method) About Christmas Plum Cake Recipe: Soak in the goodness of rich dry fruits along with the concoction of Brandy, lemon and orange with this delicious Christmas plum cake recipe. This Christmas Plum Cake recipe is Excellent and find more Great. Whole Wheat Christmas Plum Cake For detailed recipe and measurements, scroll to the bottom of the page.
Rich Traditional Christmas Plum Cake step by step
- Soak the dry fruits(cashews,almonds,golden raisins,black sultanas,tuti fruiti,etc),orange peel,chopped strawberry in the orange juice(i added little red grape wine,optional) for around 1 whole day..
- Seperate eggs when cold into whites and yolks. Leave at room temp. Place all ingredients in right measurement in advance..
- Sift the flour, baking powder,soda and spices(1/2 nutmeg, 1 cinnamon, 2 cardamon,1 dry ginger and 1-2 cloves) in a bowl..
- Prepare the rich caramel. Take 1/2 cup sugar with 1.5 tablespoons of water. Bring to boil unstirred, till a dark brown black color appears. Quickly add remaining boiling water into it drop by drop. Take extra care as this is dangerous. Let it cool..
- Meanwhite,grease 2 8" inch cake tins ir a good silicone rectangular greased dish. Prehear oven to 180° c for 10-15 minutes..
- Beat the egg whites till soft peaks are achieved. Cream the yolks with sugar till 3 minutes. Add melted or soft butter, and the oil. Slowly whisk it in..
- Add vanila and orange zest and beat well.add the half dry ingredients nd beat with electric whisk. Dont overbeat it as it will make cake stiff..
- Next add the caramel all at once and whisk slowly with wood spoon or wire whisk. Add remaining flour mix and fold well..
- Last,add the egg whites anand fold very gently by cut and fold way..
- Coat the strained dry fruits in some flour so it won't sibk into the cake..
- Add 3-4 tablesooons of the soaked juice abd stir well..
- Nicely spread iut the cake batter equally ibto both half the tins(i didnt have so used the loaf and rectangular tin) onto the greased tins.
- Bake at 45 minutes if you need just the right softned cake and extra 5 minutes for firmer dark moist plum cake..
- It will knock everyone out.try and please say your thoughts.
This fruit cake has black grapes (dark raisins), golden raisins (called as Kishmish locally), currants and dried apricots. Kerala Plum Cake – Christmas Cake – The Ultimate Winner. I baked the Rich Plum cake last week. I halved the quantity of the ingredients, as I only wanted one cake. So I thought I'll just drop in and say hi and share this recipe for the traditional Christmas Fruit Cake.