Creamy Tomato Soup. Check Out Top Brands On eBay. Combine broth and tomatoes in a medium saucepan over moderate heat. When soup bubbles, stir in heavy cream and reduce heat to low.
I added a carrot, a clove of garlic, and a stalk of celery to the onion sautee and pureed it along with some of the milk and tomato juice before adding it to the roux. In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through (do not boil). You can cook Creamy Tomato Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Tomato Soup
- You need 2 tbsp of Desired oil.
- It’s 1 large of Onion peeled and chopped.
- It’s 4 clove of Garlic peeled and coarsest chopped..
- You need 28 oz of Can crushed, diced or whole peeled tomatoes..
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Chicken stock.
- You need 1 cup of Unsweetened coconut milk..
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Minced fresh basil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Balsamic vinegar.
Garnish with croutons, cheese, tomatoes and/or onions. Homemade cream of tomato soup can often be a little, well, bland. The results depend a greatly on the quality of the tomatoes. Most of us don't have access to fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes from the sun-kissed gardens of southern Italy and even if you do, your creamy tomato soup will benefit tremendously from a few flavor boosts we're going.
Creamy Tomato Soup instructions
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot that is already hot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions, and sauté until just about translucent, 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and sauté for 1 minute..
- Mix in the remaining ingredients, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes to allow flavored to mend..
- Carefully pour a cup or two of the soup mixture into a blender (until it is only halfway full) and purée until smooth. Remove to a separate soup pot or container and repeat with the remaining soup mixture, working in batches. Alternately, you can use immersion blender to purée the soup mixture..
This recipe for tomato soup is not full of all kinds of crazy ingredients. In fact, all you need are five ingredients, plus some salt and pepper. It's a quick and easy tomato soup made with canned tomatoes, heavy cream, and grated parmesan cheese. This Creamy Tomato Soup recipe is a family favorite – especially when served with a big buttery grilled cheese sandwich! An easy homemade soup that's a copycat of Panera's Creamy Tomato Soup.