Pineapple upside down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. The caramel pineapple topping is so good, you'll want to pick every crumb. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too – this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made. You can have Pineapple upside down cake using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside down cake
- Prepare 200 gms of maida.
- It’s 400 gms of condensed milk.
- You need 110 gms of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 4 tbsp of caramel.
- You need 100 gms of granular sugar.
- You need 200 ml of pineapple tin liquid.
- It’s 10 slices of tinned pineapple.
Chef Anna Olson shows you how to make the best Pineapple Upside Down Cake using her own original recipe! You won't want to make it any other way! Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes.
Pineapple upside down cake step by step
- Grease a baking tin & dust it with flour, then place tinned pineapple slices in the bottom of the tin & pour the caramel syrup over it & keep it aside..
- Preheat the oven to 180°c, sieve maida,baking powder, baking soda together & keep aside..
- In a mixing bowl beat butter & sugar for 5 min, then add condensed milk & mix well, then add the flour mix & pineapple syrup & mix well, lastly add chopped pineapple pieces & transfer it into the baking tin, & bake it for 40-45min over 180°c..
- Insert a toothpick & if it comes out clean remove the cake from the oven & cool it for an hour, then carefully unmould it & further cool if for an hour & cut & serve..
This pineapple upside-down cake from Delish.com will remind you why it's a classic. Before you say, "That's so retro!", consider why this cake is such a classic: The pineapple topping gets its addictive flavor from melted butter and brown sugar—and yes, maraschino cherries, which we aren't. This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason. Drain the pineapple slices and leave to dry on kitchen paper.