Plum cake. It's perfect for a summer evening. My husband LOVED it and he doesn't usually care for desserts. But it still came out wonderfully.
To makes it even more interesting, you can tweak it as per your palate. Made with readily available ingredients in your kitchen, this fruit cake recipe uses eggs, but if you are a vegetarian, then you can replace eggs. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. You can cook Plum cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Plum cake
- It’s 80 grams of Refined flour.
- You need 20 grams of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 80 grams of powder sugar.
- You need 100 grams of butter.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 20 gms of brown sugar.
- You need 20 grams of tutti frutti.
- Prepare 20 grams of raisins.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of caramel colour.
How to make Plum Cake-The rich dark colour, the fabulous aroma and the delicious taste of plums – this cake is an all-time classic and for all the right reasons. This recipe is so simple you can bake them all year long – not just on Christmas. This cake is actually known as Zwetschgendatschi in Bavaria, where it is most popular. Roughly translated from Bavarian to German, it would be called Pflaumenkuchen or plum cake in English.
Plum cake instructions
- Cream butter till it becomes light..
- Add powder sugar gradually in creamed butter..
- Beat egg with vanilla essence.
- Add beaten egg in three batches into creamed mixture of butter while mixing with whisk..
- Sieve flour with baking powder. Twice would give better result. Add raisins and tutti frutti with brown sugar..
- Add caramel colour in the creamed mixture.
- Add flour into the creamed with spatule with soft Hand to maintain the froth..
- Grease cake tin with butter and dust with flour..
- Pour mixture into cake tin. And bake in pre heat oven @ 180 C for 30 min till it's done.
- Cool it and remove it from the tin. For extra flavour rum can be sprinkled on warm cake..
BUT Zwetschgen aren't ordinary plums, a Datschi isn't really a Kuchen, and a Kuchen is most definitely not a cake! Or at least not a tall, spongy cake — it's flatter. Place the plum halves skin side up on top of the batter. Sprinkle lightly with sugar and lemon juice, depending on the sweetness of the fruit. Plum Cake is a delicious coffee cake made with a simple batter, fresh plums, and a cookie-like nut-free streusel topping!